[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Obviously the BOOOOING got to Potta!
Certainly got to Cucurella, and March finished him off nicely.

Our fans sounded great today! Proper 12th Man job. So proud of everyone there today... Fans, players, De Zerbi and the whole club.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Fecking brilliant!

That has absolutely made my day! :albion:

What a player Enciso looks btw! Such confidence for someone so young and on debut. Love it!
Absolutely. But gotta work on those silly little fouls. If he'd started and fouled at the rate, we would have been down to ten men by half time.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fantastic. History is made, beating Chelsea for the first time ever in the league, and what a time to do it.

Having said that, we were getting reading to leave just before 1pm, when my husband asked me to look at his neck, as it was painful.
The silly so and so had developed shingles, so ringing 111 and unable to go the game.
Gutted for you Thunder Bolt. You deserved being at a performance like that.

Get well soon hubby.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic. History is made, beating Chelsea for the first time ever in the league, and what a time to do it.

Having said that, we were getting reading to leave just before 1pm, when my husband asked me to look at his neck, as it was painful.
The silly so and so had developed shingles, so ringing 111 and unable to go the game.
Nasty, hope he gets over it quickly

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"They will talk about this game for years to come at Brighton and it has been a worthy win." - Pat Nevin, 5 Live

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Leandro Trossard:

"I'm really pleased. We knew it wouldn't be as easy in the first half as they would try to come and score a goal. I thought we did really well then finished it off at the end."

"I think the team has had a good start to the season. We played really well but needed that win. Four goals as well. Let's enjoy tonight."

"There will be a bit of time [before chatting] after this performance but it's up to us now to celebrate it as we were the better team so need to enjoy it. Another thing to celebrate for us."

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
That has to be the best performance at the Amex the first half Chelsea could not live with our pace direct attacking quick passing and closing down absolutely outstanding, second half chelsea had to come out fighting what we needed to ensure was not to allow them an early goal which of course we then did, but what followed was an outstanding second half a masterpiece of defending.
what a result 4-1 deserved despite what the pundits are bound to say how tired rather than how brilliant we were.
who was MOTM as I could not pick anyone player above another for me it’s 10’s all round

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Dunk and Webster always look incredibly formidable as a two. Wouldn't be surprised to see Veltman at RB rather than RCB when he is fit.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone else think the ref started giving every 50/50 tackle as a free kick to Chelsea in the last 15?
100% he did. Most of them in favour of man mountain Lotus Cheek too. Pathetic!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lewis Dunk:

"It was a nice feeling to finally get three points for the new gaffer."

"It was strange. It was the first competitive game against [Graham Potter]. We dealt with their threats well and I thought we were outstanding in the first half. Overall we were the better team."

"We pressed well from the front and stopped them do what they do. We counter-attacked quickly and showed we could do it."

"Potter gave me a lot of help and improved me a lot. Hopefully the new manager can do more as well. We have already shown a lot in the last few games and hopefully we can keep improving."

"I'm thankful to both of them [Potter and Marc Cucurella]. They had an opportunity and chose to take it. That's football, everyone has to move at times."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports