Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We have a terrible, terrible record against Chelsea. We were poor against them at Stamford Bridge.

I'll bite your hand/arm/upper body off for a point.

I'll probably bite your fingers off for just a decent performance against them for a change.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Have a bad feeling about this one.

Really?

With a bit of good luck, another genius Potter formation and some surprise player picks, I think Lampard will be thoroughly out thought. I’m thinking of around 5 changes from our last game.

Our manager only took a point off Frank last season and nothing this season so far but I think he’s now got Franks number(s); 4-2-3-1.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
ticket exchange for me too this game...

12.30 kick offs mean get up and leave by 7am or a lie in and watch on tv and be about 70 to 100 quid better off by time all travel and ticket costs etc

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
ticket exchange for me too this game...

12.30 kick offs mean get up and leave by 7am or a lie in and watch on tv and be about 70 to 100 quid better off by time all travel and ticket costs etc

Sounds just like my experience...
Have to arrive at Mill Road P&R between 0930-1000 to make sure that u get parked..
There are plenty of things that can cause delays on the motorways

So sold the tickets today.... about to get up, make breakfast and settle down to watch on TV

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Giving this a miss too due to the early start and being an exile. Have to leave home by 8, possibly earlier. More annoyingly it’s on BT Sport and can’t purchase just for single game. More reasons to hate the PL, still gotta keep the loyal fans in Bangkok happy haven’t you...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We have a terrible, terrible record against Chelsea. We were poor against them at Stamford Bridge.

I'll probably bite your fingers off for just a decent performance against them for a change.

That is all true.

It seems that at the moment though this Chelski team is going through a really inconsistent patch. They could do the usual and beat us convincingly today, or it could be our best chance in ages of beating them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
10mins to Potter’s New Year Surprise team selection.

I’m hoping Bernardo & Alzate get starts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wouldn’t blame anyone not showing up today. As usual the armchair fan has been preferred to those who actually go by the Premier League. Three 12.30s in a row is taking the mick

I'm bad-faning it.

Popped my tickets onto the exchange yesterday figuring if they didn't sell and I was fresh enough this morning, I'd simply take them back and go to the game. They sold within a few minutes, so that was my decision made for me.

My hangover is such that the sofa is the best place for me right now.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford

True but we have a really good record for New Year's Day fixtures, and equally Chelsea have a very poor record for the same. Let's start the year with a little bit of optimism!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That is all true.

It seems that at the moment though this Chelski team is going through a really inconsistent patch. They could do the usual and beat us convincingly today, or it could be our best chance in ages of beating them.
Trouble is their inconsistency is all at home - away their form is top notch. Still, we can always hope!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Duffy dropped. What a joke

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Webster and Alzate start, Duffy and Jahanbakhsh drop to the bench, Connolly replaces Murray on the bench.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I'm bad-faning it.

Popped my tickets onto the exchange yesterday figuring if they didn't sell and I was fresh enough this morning, I'd simply take them back and go to the game. They sold within a few minutes, so that was my decision made for me.

My hangover is such that the sofa is the best place for me right now.

*Cough, *cough, *plastic

Terrible example to be setting. It's a lovely, fresh morning out here. Weather to clear the cobwebs.

My only game this month today as missing cup (money) and Villa (friend's 40th). *Bad fan*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here