Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Carlisle United *** Official match thread ***

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
So bloody chuffed, especially after the Carlisle players and bench were givin' it large at 3-3. One of the best games i've ever seen at Withdean and could quite easily have been 6-5.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was somewhat suprised that we didnt capitalize on the fact that Carlisle central defenders did not like it when the ball was lobbed over the top of them and struggled to clear it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was somewhat suprised that we didnt capitalize on the fact that Carlisle central defenders did not like it when the ball was lobbed over the top of them and struggled to clear it.
We scored three goals from it and did it several others times to get chances.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Obviously reading match threads after the match and knowing the result there are some comments that make you smile, some that make you shake your head at the overly optimistic, or extremely negative, and it's quite easy with dramatic back fourth matches like this to find evidence of both, and I'm sure I could quote loads of posts of people reacting emotionally and mock them (in an 'it's just banter' way, of course), but hat would be easy. However, I did want to highlight this comment after we went 2-1 up.

Now can everyone take a chill pill sit back relax and enjoy the show!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I could only listen on the radio and it was fantastic and reading this thread brings it all back. That's why we luv football.

If I had to bring up a quote from it all then it would have to be the person who, at 3-2, predicted a 4-3 with the winner in injury time. You should have done the lottery too!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I could only listen on the radio and it was fantastic and reading this thread brings it all back. That's why we luv football.

If I had to bring up a quote from it all then it would have to be the person who, at 3-2, predicted a 4-3 with the winner in injury time. You should have done the lottery too!

:bigwave: :banana:

I said it would be Sandaza though :down:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'll go for a 2 - 1. It'll be 1-1 up until about 80 minutes, then at some point Wood will score a screamer from just inside the box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here