Brighton & Hove Albion vs Carlisle United *** Official match thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nice one Scunthorpe

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
YES YES YES YES, gutted then ecstatic, bring on Brentford.....

cya there

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
I love reading these threads after a game like that, such a mixture of emotion :D

Fantastic work there Albion

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Just getting in from errands and family stuff, and checked BBC's scores.

WTH happened? If you've got 60-40 possession, lead on shots 14-8, and nearly draw, did the defense not get off the team bus or something?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Gus ever given an interview without uttering randomly "eess complicated"? :lolol:
:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Just getting in from errands and family stuff, and checked BBC's scores.

WTH happened? If you've got 60-40 possession, lead on shots 14-8, and nearly draw, did the defense not get off the team bus or something?

Perhaps fatigue is catching up with the defence.

I mean most games a forward/midfielder gets a rest or limited game time, but never the defenders.

There's going to be games where they are feeling flat and lose half a yard of pace or err in their judgment.

Hopefully El-Abd comes back feeling refreshed from having a week off from playing.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Carlisle were a tough team to beat today it's easy to see why they've picked up some good results away from home, Thank god for Liam bridcutt :ascarf:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know its not politically correct to say this with the way we have been playing, but I really enjoyed this today. Yes the defence were a bit shakey at times and Murray kept trying to kick the ball into orbit, BUT that second half is what I think football is all about....a team who want to have a right go at the league leaders and pull the game back time after time and then we go and nick it with a fabulous strike from the MOM Birdcutt....just fantastic scenes.

Oh BTW, if I was Gus and had some money, I would sign their black lad who came on in teh second half and completely transformed the game....cracking player

Oh BTWx2 Sandanza is my hero...what a player that guy is!!!

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Well done to everyone who went to the match today ! I should imagine watching it was nerve racking - but having to listen to it was worse.

I am having to sit down, drink lots of water and calm down. I can't remember a match when I have thrown so many stroppy fits. Thank God I'm going to Brentford and can actually see where the ball is. :banana:

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh BTW, if I was Gus and had some money, I would sign their black lad who came on in teh second half and completely transformed the game....cracking player

Oh BTWx2 Sandanza is my hero...what a player that guy is!!!

Do you mean Zoko?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

He was a pain in the arse the ball just seemed to stick to his feet every time running with it.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Christ! Been in London and away from internet for the afternoon. Just got in and heaved a huge sigh of relief. Sounds like an absolute monster of a match. Is it me or have we been unconvincing in our last few matches? Still winning though. Great stuff. 65 points now. Seriously think 83 would be enough for at least a second place finish this year so six wins from 14?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here