Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Certainly, the Marseille match needs to be the loudest most intermediating match ever to be seen at the Amex.
The atmosphere will be amazing - I’m sure - very much looking forward to it.
I think he counts as being subbed at the same time as Tresor and Redmond. It’s a sub window, and things like the 4th official changing the board etc will take time. It doesn’t matter if it’s the 78th & 79th min.
They were both subbed at 78 according to stats @Bodian posted ( as I posted above) so one occasion.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Really, really need to score more though.

29 shots and only scored 1 goal - it is a big issue.

But I still think the main problem is our defence, it is simply not good enough (again and again).

I believe we have scored more goals this season compared to the same point last season - just unlucky today

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Poor first half - very good second.

Credit to Burnley for a resilient display. Especially their keeper, who won the point for them.

2nd half was an absolute onslaught. Delighted to get the equaliser and on another day we would have had the winner, especially with Mitoma's effort.

Don't think we should feel too downhearted. This is what the Premier League is all about, just look at Man Utd's result today.

We didn't lose, another point on the board, another game unbeaten at home. It's easy to feel disappointed, but it was just one of those days.
Unfortunately 100% this. All to easy to bemoan our fate. The kind of game that had we played all night would still end up 1-1, just the stats would say we hit the bar 4 times,the post 7 times and the goalie made another dozen worldies.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Erm … saying Burnley were very lucky to get a point is rubbish

I disagree with you.

We had a good second half yes but as I said, a poor first half

We took time to get going, but we were the better side in the first half. One deflected goal doesn't change that.

meant we were facing a low block in the second half bar a few counters from them. That’s always been tough for us. Bad luck in our finishing and great goal keeping meant we ended up dropping two points.

Yeah, bad luck and a keeper doing well, that's fair. So you agree that we had bad luck. Then you agree that Burnley were lucky. Or is that too complicated for you?

Seriously, try putting me on ignore and jumping on some other posters who were equally unimpressed with our first half performance

A few posters have complained about our performance, and I've disagreed with them. You called us League 2 or something, and I disagreed. You accepted that you had exaggerated, but then decided to argue about it anyway.

you’ve dogged my posts throughout the thread and I’m not impressed with you. 👍
Seriously, try putting me on ignore.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
The atmosphere will be amazing - I’m sure - very much looking forward to it.

They were both subbed at 78 according to stats @Bodian posted ( as I posted above) so one occasion.

Yeah I was just answering his question about Robert’s, who came on at 79mins.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was focusing on today's game, not the whole season.

29 shots and 1 goal is disappointing and was one of the reasons why we drew.
Well yeah, that was disappointing. Sometimes they just don't go in though. At least we got one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Literally nobody has ever suggested RDZ out. Why are you so sensitive to people on a chat board discussing frustration at a game where there was plenty to be frustrated about?
There's a difference between frustration (we're all frustrated) and toys out the pram 'we setup to fail' type comments, following a lucky Burnley goal.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Let’s be honest out of the two games Marseille is the priority so can understand some being rested for this.

Awful first half hour

Credit to Burnley and especially their keeper for hanging on.

Mitoma made a significant difference when he came on but feel like we are overly reliant on him and to some regard Adingra on the right. This will be a worry come AFCON We seem to play the same Gross / Mitoma line of attack over and over again. Sure it has and can be effective however it’s noticeable that we rarely have any joy through the middle and maybe too predictable with our wing play

Anyway it’s a point over United and as a lesser concern over palace as well

On to Marseille

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here