Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Complacency in the 1st half cost the game. Not sure how we didn't score a second goal after we finaly equalised.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Poor first half - very good second.

Credit to Burnley for a resilient display. Especially their keeper, who won the point for them.

2nd half was an absolute onslaught. Delighted to get the equaliser and on another day we would have had the winner, especially with Mitoma's effort.

Don't think we should feel too downhearted. This is what the Premier League is all about, just look at Man Utd's result today.

We didn't lose, another point on the board, another game unbeaten at home. It's easy to feel disappointed, but it was just one of those days.
Yeah, but De Zerbi out, right? And get rid of that twat Bloom too, what's he ever done for us.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Really, really need to score more though.

29 shots and only scored 1 goal - it is a big issue.

But I still think the main problem is our defence, it is simply not good enough (again and again).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The only real top drawer save was the one from Mitoma at the end.
Warren thinks different; five for him.

.........and at the end of the day, even that one from Mitoma would have done it for us if Trafford hadn't been of sufficient quality to make that worldy.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Come on everyone, although massively disappointing, look at Manchester utd at home against little old Bournemouth. There is a long way to go, Hopefully Marseille will feel the full force.
Good point. Biiiiig match coming up Thursday. Let's get behind the boys and make a right old racket.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We didn't play particularly poorly. It's an understatement to say that Burnley were lucky to get a point.

I suggest that if you post about how a game is going on the match day thread, you actually watch it.
Erm … saying Burnley were very lucky to get a point is rubbish - We had a good second half yes but as I said, a poor first half meant we were facing a low block in the second half bar a few counters from them. That’s always been tough for us. Bad luck in our finishing and great goal keeping meant we ended up dropping two points.

Seriously, try putting me on ignore and jumping on some other posters who were equally unimpressed with our first half performance - you’ve dogged my posts throughout the thread and I’m not impressed with you. 👍

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
How many matches like that are we going to have?
Too many.

We all know about RDZ "idea" and when it works, it's sensational.

But we rarely threaten from corners, hardly ever from direct free kicks, we don't have much of an answer to low block and no real plan B.

RDZ over Potter any day, but in his defence, Potter wasn't afraid to hit a few more direct passes. I sometimes wish RDZ would too.

Dear Santa, new set piece coach please.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Poor first half - very good second.

Credit to Burnley for a resilient display. Especially their keeper, who won the point for them.

2nd half was an absolute onslaught. Delighted to get the equaliser and on another day we would have had the winner, especially with Mitoma's effort.

Don't think we should feel too downhearted. This is what the Premier League is all about, just look at Man Utd's result today.

We didn't lose, another point on the board, another game unbeaten at home. It's easy to feel disappointed, but it was just one of those days.
No luck today in front of goal and a fine goalkeeping display by Trafford.
Hopefully our luck will turn on Thursday night as a win in that game is vital to avoid the play off leg, home and away.
Burnley were resilient, but surely will be relegated.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really, really need to score more though.

29 shots and only scored 1 goal - it is a big issue.

Only 3 teams have scored more than us, but you think that's the problem?

The truth is that we've got a lot of injuries and we're rotating players who aren't on the same wavelength, and playing people out of position, so we're making mistakes. We're also bedding new players who aren't up to it yet.

Van Hecke was fairly poor when he first played for us (to be expected), but now he's great. Dahoud hasn't played well for us yet (bar the friendlies in the states) - maybe he'll make the grade, maybe he won't, but we don't have the luxury of buying ready made talent, so we bring new players in and lose points as a result.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I genuinely don’t think we practise defending or set pieces. I just think RDZ doesn’t value it. We don’t even really press these days. Still, when we are good are incredible.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
But what about Roberts?
I think he counts as being subbed at the same time as Tresor and Redmond. It’s a sub window, and things like the 4th official changing the board etc will take time. It doesn’t matter if it’s the 78th & 79th min.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m not sure we should be dropping Igor much. For me, if he and Veltman play the majority of games we don’t concede in every single one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here