[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

feels like DeZerbi ball becomes Houghton ball when we play teams at the bottom....
Also, anyone notice we always seem to have a bad game when both Pedro and Fergi are starting together? Neither really did anything wrong but Pedro did seem a bit of a spare part with Adingra on Left and Gross on right doing most of the running and passing for Fergi to attempt..Not even sure of our formation. Looks like we are playing 3 at the back with Dunk of left and Baleba in the middle with Andingra and Gross playing more like wingers to the Pedro/Fergie front 2??

BHA Fan93

Nov 1, 2020
I don’t think he had much chance but we know that wouldn’t have been the case if our other guy had been in between
I need to see it from another angle but from what I’ve seen I believe he should have done better. 100% Steele would have been slaughtered for conceding that goal.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
From the USA Network replays it seemed that the Burnley goal deflected off a Brighton defender and fooled our gk.
Big deflection.
The goal was coming though.
We haven’t dominated in any meaningful way.
Anyone who thinks we have been unlucky is kidding themselves

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I need to see it from another angle but from what I’ve seen I believe he should have done better. 100% Steele would have been slaughtered for conceding that goal.
Again, need to see it again, but it looked like Bart got something on it.

To be fair it looked like it took a nick on the way to the top corner

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I guess you've been unable to watch
Yep big exaggeration 😂- but pissed off we are creating chances and not finishing, such a waste - looking lacklustre and some careless passing - Verbruggen probably should have been on the end of that goal (but perhaps deflected by Milner)- and pissed off we went into the break a goal down. Now we can expect Burnley to sit deep and try and get a cushion with a counter. We have made the second half much harder than it should have been.

Gilmour and Mitoma should have started basically so that’s down to RDZ

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Imagine if steele was in goal and let that in the comments would be going crazy! Poor from Bart.
Yes really poor, not helped by what looked like four Albion players around the scorer who seemed to want to give him as much time as he wanted to pull the trigger.

I pin this entirely on Bob. He’s asking too much from this squad in terms of constantly reinventing the wheel. I hope he makes the right choices now to rescue this. Burnley will sit back so we will have all the ball, can we do anything with it

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Doesn’t matter if it’s a deflection, a worldie, a pen- we always concede against the run of play. That’s a fact this season.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
It does have the feeling of constant reinvention. Just as soon as we seem to start to have a settled team who know where each other is and how to play, it’s changed again. I do think RDZ is trying to get everyone integrated to the team which is a good thing, but it’s making problems for ourselves as well.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I really liked the look of Dahoud and even defended his red, but he should be nowhere near the team. He’s not up the pace of this league, just a total passenger. I’d rather have Hinsh or Hincey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports