Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
To be honest, I'm not too fussed about finishing between 9th and 15th, so I wasn't too disappointed.
In the last few years every point seemed to be vital in the annual survival battle.
The players just had a really bad day today. It happens, and Burnley were more up for it today for obvious reasons.

No point going to any more games then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sitting on the coach after the game for a good half hour and for the life of me can’t get any reception on my phone or access the WiFi in the ground.

I’m on O2, is it notoriously rubbish at the Amex?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
North Stand has turned into the match thread quite toxic from a minority of fans, although they do seem to be new fans who aren't usually here

They disappeared with their 8 year old boy before half time and didn't come back so test was one area the improved

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
b27ab05d6e96e4a78ee4c5fb436433fd.jpg

Did Duffy have a point?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Yeah - thanks for sharing your dazzling intellectual insight with us. You realise that personal abuse is not allowed on this site - but if that's all you've got to offer I guess sympathy is in order.

I stand by my original comment and your sympathy is neither wanted nor needed, but thanks for sharing. :)

I wonder who you are....really. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
b27ab05d6e96e4a78ee4c5fb436433fd.jpg

Did Duffy have a point?

Yeah, he did.

I never like seeing a keeper charging to his 18 yard line into a group of players to try and make a punch, its always a recipe for disaster. I dunno what Sanchez was thinking, but he needs to get a grip of these brainfarts that are edging into his game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, he did.

I never like seeing a keeper charging to his 18 yard line into a group of players to try and make a punch, its always a recipe for disaster. I dunno what Sanchez was thinking, but he needs to get a grip of these brainfarts that are edging into his game.

If he called for the ball Duffy should have left it. Looked to me he’d have got there. Senior pros should have more control, I think that incident caused Sanchez to lose concentration. Never right to shove your own player because he has a moan at you. This is not park football.

Disappointing from Duffy imo, Sanchez often comes off his line for crosses, he gets there the danger is gone, he doesn’t he looks a mug. Think Grobelaar

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If he called for the ball Duffy should have left it. Looked to me he’d have got there. Senior pros should have more control, I think that incident caused Sanchez to lose concentration. Never right to shove your own player because he has a moan at you. This is not park football.

Disappointing from Duffy imo, Sanchez often comes off his line for crosses, he gets there the danger is gone, he doesn’t he looks a mug. Think Grobelaar

I don't care whether he called for it or not. Coming THAT far off your line into a group of players on the 18 yard line to attempt a punch is totally unnecessary IMO. Let your defenders deal with it. I didn't like Duffy making a public show of it one bit, but I could certainly see where he was coming from.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Just got back from the game, the worst potter performance I've seen. No one stood out and I don't even think they bothered to announce a MOTM. All 3s and 4s including Potter.

Still, I'd rather be in our position than theirs.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't care whether he called for it or not. Coming THAT far off your line into a group of players on the 18 yard line to attempt a punch is totally unnecessary IMO. Let your defenders deal with it. I didn't like Duffy making a public show of it one bit, but I could certainly see where he was coming from.

I’ll have to re watch, I thought he’d have caught it and if you get it right it kils the danger dead. What’s not to like when your defence is being bullied?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just got back from the game, the worst potter performance I've seen. No one stood out and I don't even think they bothered to announce a MOTM. All 3s and 4s including Potter.

Still, I'd rather be in our position than theirs.

Disagree, Argie Mac had a great game

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
After the 1st five minutes my son and me agreed it wasn't going to be our day. We were 3rd best to any 2nd balls. There was no energy in the team

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’ll have to re watch, I thought he’d have caught it and if you get it right it kils the danger dead. What’s not to like when your defence is being bullied?

The risk/reward is too great coming out that far, IMO. It obliges other players to drop back to stand on the line, playing everyone onside, and often leads to general SHODDINESS.

Fritz the Cat

Jan 6, 2022
I stand by my original comment and your sympathy is neither wanted nor needed, but thanks for sharing. :)

I wonder who you are....really. :lolol:
My sympathies are always with the intellectually challenged - there seem to be so many on social media. Sad souls who have no reasoning abilities so resort to personal abuse. As to whether I'm a 'knob' or not you have no real way of knowing as you have never met me and know nothing about me. Long may that be the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here