Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I can only hope that game was a one off, to many of our players were not at the races while Burnley’s players were not only at the races but had the best seats and a three course meal

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Difficult where to start but Jesus we were abject

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
The timing was shite.

Under contract with us, he could’ve joined his beloved NU in the summer.

Why upset the Albion apple cart, especially with Dunk recovering?

I watched the WHU v NU match today, where Burn was magnificent. BT Sport praising him post match as their best signing.

Yeah, It’s all very upsetting.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Did we actually have a shot on target today? I can't remember Pope making a save.
pope-francis-plays-table-football-during-the-weekly-general-audience-at-the-paul-vi-audience-hal.jpg

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
To be honest today was true to our usual form, that of glorious defeats against the 'big' six, and insipid languid displays against teams we should be looking pretty good against... We've managed to reverse that trend a little this season, so as a horrible one off I can take it. As a one off it's acceptable to a degree... but then again, I wasn't there and didn't pay my hard earned cash to watch certain players dial in a performance akin to some kind of horrible music project recorded by ageing rockers based different continents... Zero chemistry, zero fire... zero points...
:stupid:
To quote Willy Wonka "you deserve nothing, you get NOTHING."

Today felt a little like the lord mayors show was a couple of months gone, the bunting hanging limply in the wind, grimly clinging to a vestige of it's former glory as it gradually loses it's grip on the faux Victorian lamppost to which it was tied with a distant glee... whilst last autumns' leaves blow around the deserted band stand. Spring might be on the horizon, but today, I'm dodging damp piles of dog shit as I tiptoe my way to the church with spire, to kneel and pray that our seven match unbeaten run wasn't some kind of distant delirious dream.

The way we played, not with 10000 players would we have won - any hope was an utter folly.

I await a response.

Wonderfully poetic in a dystopian kind of way.:D

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I detest everything Burnley do. Violent deliberate threatening violence - pressure the ref endlessly - fall over when anyone gets near to them - no ball playing skills. The prem would be much better without them. But they played us off the park today ☹️

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I can only hope that game was a one off, to many of our players were not at the races while Burnley’s players were not only at the races but had the best seats and a three course meal

I thought we carried on from the 2nd half against ManUre. We started this game like we started that 2nd half, expecting to win and have it easy. Never even got into first geear, never mind out of it. Dire. Hopefully GPott can give them a kick up the jacksie for Villa.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I detest everything Burnley do. Violent deliberate threatening violence - pressure the ref endlessly - fall over when anyone gets near to them - no ball playing skills. The prem would be much better without them. But they played us off the park today ☹️

Dyche's game plan was far better than ours and he out thought GPott and his players out fought ours. Yes there was a lot of 'gamesmanship' going on, but they were at it from the first minuite and we never left the dressing room.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Out thought, out battled, outclassed and lucky to only concede three. Argie Mac had a blinder, the rest had what is known as a bad day at the office.

Shit happens, we move on

Bottom of the table is looking interesting though

Oh, and if I never see Kevin Friend reffing one of our games again it will be too soon. Such a shit ref, possibly the worst in the PL and no I’m not blaming him for the result, he was shit across the board. He did more time wasting than Burnley, the ****.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I agree. But my point was twofold.

We had 69% possession and didn't score.
The opposition had 31% possession, yet we couldn't prevent them scoring 3.

That's very direct, effective, efficient use of the little possession that Burnley had.

Route 1 football hurt us. We had a few CBs out (either suspended, injured or sold), including the captain, and we folded.

Having thought I was making a valid point about the Burnley's stats (3 goals with 31% possession), I feel I ought to mention that Spurs are currently 3-1 up at Man City with 30% possession.

The moral of this tale, is don't listen to some smart-arse stato on NSC. Either that, or buy a striker.

Edit: third Spurs goal disallowed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here