Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm taking my boots. Overweight and 68 but I could stand on the centre spot and be used for a wall pass. I could also take up half the goal in the case of a penalty.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Betting on Maupay to score against us seems the most obvious flutter of the day. I can’t see how he won’t be at his best, he is that sort of player.

Indeed.

He'll also go mental, a bit like how Nathan Jones did when he scored against us when he played for Yeovil.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Brentford are physical, direct, organised and very good at set pieces. Not the kind of team we want to be playing when we are down to the bare bones.
Yes. They will have been watching our first half against Chelsea and salivating at trouble we had with set pieces.

We'll need to stop giving them away so cheaply and defend more stoutly when they get them. We look like such a soft touch

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Indeed.

He'll also go mental, a bit like how Nathan Jones did when he scored against us when he played for Yeovil.
Nathan Jones didn't score against us for Yeovil. If you are referring to the incident when Micky Adams had a pop at him in a post match interview that was for Jones role is getting Joe Anyinsah sent off.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The only important question today is under layer or no under layer? I think I’m going full on ski wear.
Chilly tonight. Under layer. Under layer! ¡Arriba!

800px-Speedy_Gonzales.svg.png

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I hope he does.
The reaction from some people would be hilarious.
Ideally he'll pull his shorts down and moon the whole ground.
I hope so too. Genuinely don't get this weird convention about ex-players not celebrating goals. They play for a different team now, and they want that team to beat us. That requires scoring goals against us.

I know it might be a bit different if it's a player who was a genuine legend at the club or who left in exceptionally emotional circumstances. But players like Dan Burn, Neal Maupay, Ben White and Trossard are very welcome to celebrate if they like, as far as I'm concerned. Even Mac Allister, if he wants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here