Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sorry to moan but that sub is the only thing I really dislike about CH. He was my favorite for the job before he signed and I am delighted with what he has done at the club but every time we are leading he makes these negative subs and it puts pressure on us and we often concede.

I hope I get proven wrong and people quote this as a 'in your face' quote but it is CH's only real tactical weakness for me.

Chris was a class defender, its difficult to take that away, Kevin Keegan was a class striker and look how he set his teams up, they had no defence and relied on the you get 1 we will get 2 tactics, which one would you prefer Brighton to play, at least we have the players now to see games out with the subs even if you don't agree with them, which I understand.

I cannot remember the last I saw a game through relaxed, a nice change.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Great result - good solid performance from every player.

I thought we were in for a shocker when Stroud got whistle crazy, and some of his decisions were utterly bizarre (Sidwells shoulder defence!?!?)

Bring on Bolton

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Knockaert is the difference. Hemed is going to be like a new centre forward.

Murphy was top class too. He has won me over with todays performance. Even Zidane would have been impressed with that piece of skill in the 2nd half.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Well ive witnessed Mceachran. One of BGs favs first hand and I thought he was.as.poor as id.expected him to be

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Murphy has been absolute shite recently but tonight he was as good as knockaert.

Have to beat Bolton at home to cement this play off spot, now as far from the top as we are from the play offs after assuming boro or hull will get some points with game in hand

Harsh. But mainly because he had been the only creative player left until Knockers joined, so teams ganged up on him. Now they gang up on Knockers leaving Murphy to do his thing. He is a very good player.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Chris was a class defender, its difficult to take that away, Kevin Keegan was a class striker and look how he set his teams up, they had no defence and relied on the you get 1 we will get 2 tactics, which one would you prefer Brighton to play, at least we have the players now to see games out with the subs even if you don't agree with them, which I understand.

I cannot remember the last I saw a game through relaxed, a nice change.

I would honestly prefer we stuck to the tactics that got us in to that 2 goal lead rather than sitting back and inviting pressure. This tactic may have worked tonight against a toothless Brentford side but cost us points against Derby and QPR (I know we were also a man down against QPR but that was after we sat back, put one up front and invited the pressure).

Anyway, we played well tonight and I agree that I can't remember the last time that I was relaxed through a whole game. Let's hope this is the start of another run :)

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Maenpaa
Rosenior Greer Uwe Bong
March Sidwell Crofts Lua Lua
Baldock Wilson

That's not a bad Championship xi, and that's our second xi from tonight! (Haven't seen Skalak yet, and doesn't even include Towell, Calderon etc!)

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I would honestly prefer we stuck to the tactics that got us in to that 2 goal lead rather than sitting back and inviting pressure. This tactic may have worked tonight against a toothless Brentford side but cost us points against Derby and QPR (I know we were also a man down against QPR but that was after we sat back, put one up front and invited the pressure).

Anyway, we played well tonight and I agree that I can't remember the last time that I was relaxed through a whole game. Let's hope this is the start of another run :)
The trouble is that when we take off Zamora and Hemed there is only Wilson at the moment who can play up top. Until Baldock is back we are limited as to who we can play as out and out strikers.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The trouble is that when we take off Zamora and Hemed there is only Wilson at the moment who can play up top. Until Baldock is back we are limited as to who we can play as out and out strikers.

True but I would rather try KLL up front than go to a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 with Wilson up top as the ball often comes back far too quickly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here