Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Thread ***

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very disappointing to draw having been 2-0 up, but in reality, this is a very good result which has probably taught Gus much more about his players strengths and weaknesses than the Cardiff match did. I think by all accounts KLL sounds like he is struggling (lack of fitness?) and the decision to replace Noone sounds a poor one too, but Gus - like all our players - is a fast learner and as long as don't we make a habit of letting two goal leads slip, there are more positives to take from the game than negatives. 10 from 12 in the Championship with wins at Portsmouth and Cardiff? Fantastic start!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Hard to be upset about the result given our start to the Season. KLL has not stepped up and should be dropped until he gives Gus a reason to play him.

Bit harsh on KLL to say he hasn't stepped up as he caused their rb all sorts of problems and put in some great low crosses. Its more that Noone and Buckley have performed exceptionally than Kaz being poor imho. Anyway, first time in ages that I've felt so gutted coming away from a football match, yes its a superb start but it always puts you on a downer to draw from such a commanding position. Blatant pen for foul on Barnes too :rant:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very disappointing to draw having been 2-0 up, but in reality, this is a very good result which has probably taught Gus much more about his players strengths and weaknesses than the Cardiff match did. I think by all accounts KLL sounds like he is struggling (lack of fitness?) and the decision to replace Noone sounds a poor one too, but Gus - like all our players - is a fast learner and as long as don't we make a habit of letting two goal leads slip, there are more positives to take from the game than negatives. 10 from 12 in the Championship with wins at Portsmouth and Cardiff? Fantastic start!

KLL didn't struggle he had the right back all over the place its just he didn't really get the ball enough. Put in 2 cracking balls from by the touch line

Albion4

Jul 12, 2011
I think a very bad decision from Gus has resulted in us throwing away 2 points, i'm still trying to work out why he took Noone off when he was by far the best player on the pitch, not only that but he was our out ball when we countered. Lua Lua is clearly still struggling for fitness/form and i believe that substition was a major factor in our conceding of two goals

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think a very bad decision from Gus has resulted in us throwing away 2 points, i'm still trying to work out why he took Noone off when he was by far the best player on the pitch, not only that but he was our out ball when we countered. Lua Lua is clearly still struggling for fitness/form and i believe that substition was a major factor in our conceding of two goals

Disagree (not about Noone being the best player on pitch though) we got sloppy for their 1st and then they were pumping the ball into the box for 20 odd minutes, KLL did alright and set up 2 good chances

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
LUA Lua

I think the reason Noone was taken off is Noone couldn't a bulls arse with a banjo when shooting>

Lua Lua did great!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think the reason Noone was taken off is Noone couldn't a bulls arse with a banjo when shooting>

Lua Lua did great!

So what ,Noone was outstanding today,Gus just has something about not playing him for the full 90 minutes.I am not moaning about Poyet but it is a bit strange.Vincelot looked knackered and should have come off instead.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
72: Arshavin comes off and Henri Lansbury replaces the forward for Arsenal. (I did not want him come in anyhow).

Kit Napier started his career @ Blackpool
Kit Napier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is pity that Gus did not change his prearranged plan to bring Lua Lua (supersub) on. He is player needed to chase the game. Will he happy being on the bench? Bringing an atatcking player on just after you have conceded is a recognised ploy though to regain the advantage. It only works if we score and we nearly did.

Two chances and even good strikers usually put one out of two away. Two points lost. We created many more chances against Doncaster, especially with Nooney and Buckley on.

Do you know any Arsenal supporters?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I thought Noone was taken off because he was booked. Certainly LuaLua was asked to warm up straight away when he was and he was taken off about 5 mins later.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Not a criticism in any way, just an observation, in why does GP take a CM off about ten minutes from the end, in this case Dicker, and bring on a CM that isn't up to the speed of the game, or the team mates around him? This happened about three time last season, when winning positions were converted into draws. I don't think Dicker was injured tbh, so could have lasted the last bit of the game, and was attuned to what was going on around him ???

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Lua Lua skinned Eardley 4 times out of 5 attempts in the time he was on the pitch,and in the process provided 3 superb crosses from which on another day we would have scored at least 1 goal from how the ref decided Barnes was not fouled when he went down rather than just tap it in god only knows , as a team we played some fantastic football at times ,we look a little fragile still from crosses into the box and teams will be quick to see this, but other than that what more could any Brighton supporter ask for at this stage of the season , 10 points from 4 games ! unbeaten in 5 , not exactly grim is it .

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I reckon Gus made a mistake replacing Noone with KLL .. he (Gus) is just a human being like all of us and no matter how good, can make mistakes, and hopefully learn from them.

I don't think KLL performed well at all and I wasn't happy with Casper pissing around and some his distribution was shocking.

Roman was a bit disappointing too but only because I built up a huge expectation after listening to commentary on Pompey and Cardiff

Very positive about Greer, Dunk, (albeit you could tell he was trying to avoid another yellow) Cald, Bridcutt, CMS and Barnes

I'd defo taken a draw before but a bit deflated at letting this slip

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Will work as a blessing in disguise-was gutted,having taken all factors into account-i am delighted with our start..imagine the mass hysterical expectation of 5 straight wins.....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nearly forgot about the lino on the west side and a very 'interesting' performance. Blatant handball against Painter and nothing and generally through the game seemed unwilling to put the flag up for anything but a corner or a throw, back to training me thinks

bethnalgreenblue

Feb 9, 2011
Bethnal Green, London
I thought Noone was taken off because he was booked. Certainly LuaLua was asked to warm up straight away when he was and he was taken off about 5 mins later.

Yeah, definitely this. LuaLua was straight out down the touchline doing a final warm up as soon as Noone got booked. We were 2-0 up at this point and looking ok, and with a game on Tuesday I'm sure Gus took the view that it wasn't worth tiring a player unnecessarily, or worse, having him sent off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here