[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Aston Villa *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well I am gutted. All we had to do was nullify Grealish in the second half. Whose job was that!?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Propper did it well in the first 45, with help. But he lacks pace and an engine, and couldn’t repeat it.

Perhaps a clever sub would’ve been Bissouma for Connolly on 50 minutes when it was obvious we were shite, losing most 50:50’s. To match against their packed midfield.

Who says we should be sitting comfortably in a mid table position? We've still got three points separating us from Villa. Don't worry about it.

There have been a few games this season that we should have won that we didn't. Wolves, Burnley and this game are all games we were up by a goal and allowed the position to get back into the game. That's 6 points dropped. 6 more points would put us in 9th position and looking very comfortable. that's what I meant.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Propper did it well in the first 45, with help. But he lacks pace and an engine, and couldn’t repeat it.

Perhaps a clever sub would’ve been Bissouma for Connolly on 50 minutes when it was obvious we were shite, losing most 50:50’s. To match against their packed midfield.

I've been thinking this pretty much all season, but know I'll be shouted down. Connolly is over rated and spends most of the game on his arse.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I know this sounds stupid but someone like Richard Carpenter would be ideal for us right now.

Just bloody shoot :shrug:

Yes, he'll have us on the top of the world looking down on creation.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We have one.

Sadly when Bissouma takes a shot everyone on here pisses their nappies and calls him greedy.

I'm starting to think he needs to start. His game intelligence isn't great but give him game time and we might start seeing his decision making improve plus we will start looking more dangerous from outside the penalty box.
We have to drop Stephens me thinks. It's time for Bissouma to give us more threat, pace and options.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What the hell was that attacking play in the second from us .... Absolutely abysmal. Didn't even seem to know where the goal is.

Simply terrible in the second half. I can see us , best case , drawing at bmuff.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

perhaps our away lads will make a bit more noise at bmuff ........villas fans got them a point today.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You’ve been outed as Palace on here so many times, but you still keep coming back you sad clown. The day you draw at the Ethihad you’re straight on here. Sad.

Why’s the cnt allowed on nsc? Trolling (following another club, but not revealing that, posting against the Albion) normally results in a permanent ban.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm starting to think he needs to start. His game intelligence isn't great but give him game time and we might start seeing his decision making improve plus we will start looking more dangerous from outside the penalty box. Time to drop Stephens me thinks. It's time for Bissouma to give us more threat and more options

thought stephens had a good game today tbf......i agree though we don't appear to have anyone who will have a go from distance.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Spot on. I was crying out for Bissouma to come on for Connolly.

I like Montoya but that was a really strange substitution that turned the game in Villa’s favour. Grealish had much more space after that.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Reminded me of the palace game plenty of the ball but no end product and then a moment of quality from the other side and we drop points

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In his defence he is only 19 years old

he is, and we cant be expecting so much from him yet, he needs time to fully develop....... but it further highlights the fragility of our present attacking options. We've got a Teenager who's not doing much, a soon to be retiring hitman who has lots of intelligence and ability but not the legs or pace at 36 and our current main striker who is full of endevour but lacks service and needs more goals.

All 3 are not performing at a level they'd possibly aspire to, so which one of those 3 needs a long term injury or suspension for us to be truly in the shit?

If we dont sign a goal scorer by Feb 1st and stop looking for "solutions within" as GP said, we can have no complaints with away days at Millwall and Blackburn next season.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Thought Mooy struggled today. Stifled again which really affected our ability to set up attacks. I hope we can find an antidote.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Graham Potter on the radio now sucking air through his teeth like some kind of vacuum pump.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Fecking rubbish Brighton. Our defending this season is embarrassing. Recruitment team should be sacked they’ve spunked 20 mil on Webster. The villa goal was again partly his fault. His positioning and reading of the game is awful. It all started with Mooy giving it away and Stephens not putting a tackle in to knock the ball out of play. Montoya was equally shite. The players look totally lost with Potters tactics. Our other problem is we have not got enough big ugly ******** like Troy deeney. We are so soft.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
7582eba8637aec240a156993aa0752ae.jpg

Well, I’ve had a great day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spot on. I was crying out for Bissouma to come on for Connolly.

I like Montoya but that was a really strange substitution that turned the game in Villa’s favour. Grealish had much more space after that.

I’m always pro Potter, but he had a very mixed performance today.

1. Starting line up and formation spot on, plus the team for once came out and played with passion.

2. Unusually for GP, he did a CH and did not react early in the second half with subs, when it was patently obvious the entire outfield team has gone into their shells (bar Bernardo), with so many players knackered (Mooy, Propper, Connolly, Maupay). It was crying out for early subs of energy in midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports