Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Today wasn’t about poor finishing, it was about Arsenal parking the bus and us not having the pure pace or the target man lump to bother them. With Lamptey fit to play a part we might have had that spark to break them down, without him it was too easy to restrict us largely to long shots and headers from corners.

Fantastic performance though and we go in to the second international break level on points with Manchester United

This is exactly it. There were a few scrambles in the area and half chances but Arsenal defended well.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Do not understand booing Ben White, that apart a fantastic performance from everyone a most entertaining 0-0 looking forward to seeing the reply of the penalty shout any decision that goes to VAR and takes so long to decide should go in favour of the attacking team unless obviously the attacking team is playing against us!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Imagine if Mr Bloom delivered him a further proven goal scorer (or greedily two)!

To outplay arrogant $$$$ Arse who’d just destroyed Spuds, whilst missing our world class midfield powerhouse.

The Goonersworld website is hilarious tonight. Not so much entitled as delusional!

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Yup. Suspect Spurs, Everton, West Ham and Leicester will be all over him when they next need a manger. Maybe the biggest clubs would want someone with more trophies/ European experience, so there’s that, but he is top of the next few clubs list without a doubt.

Not sure he would be interested in any of those jobs or that they would become available soon. Moyes is a good fit at Wet Sham, Likewise Rafa and Rogers. Not sure that Spurs would interest him with the way the club is run. At Brighton he has his own project that is just beginning to show fruition and is backed by a board more than he will find at virtually any other club. He certainly not stupid and I reckon he will be with us for a couple more years at least. And after him? Who knows? Bruno? Liam Rosenior?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Excellent distribution tonight also.

Absolutely.

There was one in the 1st half where he received a pass (I think from Dunk) and he could have easily passed back to Dunk/Duffy, but he waited a few seconds and played a lovely long ball to Cuccurella.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Goonersworld website is hilarious tonight. Not so much entitled as delusional!

Arteta was honest.

Only proud of Ramsdale and their mass defending of the 6 yard box.

Said that we pressed them one on one from the first second, controlled the game, that he just couldn’t find a solution to contend with it.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Imagine if Mr Bloom delivered him a further proven goal scorer (or greedily two)!

To outplay arrogant $$$$ Arse who’d just destroyed Spuds, whilst missing our world class midfield powerhouse.
Well said. Cracking game to watch. We have come a long way if we are disappointed with only a draw tonight. Who'd would have thought that the arse who the media were saying are really on a very good run would be outplayed by little old us.:albion2:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Got to be, I'd say at least a third of the seats are unoccupied, maybe closer to half.

Upper tiers East and West were pretty full. North pretty full. West Lower 3/4 full, east lower lots of gaps. I guess looked emptier on telly with the cameras pointing towards east lower. Weather must've been bloody awful in lower tiers towards the front, esp the east, to be fair.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
As usual the comments on the BBC website match report are hilarious, this one made me laugh,

dawn
20:02

Wow, these small teams continue to surprise us. Who would have thought Brighton would be held at home to one of them?

:lolol:

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Have to say that the atmosphere was amazing! we sit N1H and we had some people sit near us who are not normally there and we all made it loud. i said to them please come back lol ��.
I think we were unlucky not to win. Duffy was immense and i am in love with cucu (Marc Cucurella &his hair).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have to say that the atmosphere was amazing! we sit N1H and we had some people sit near us who are not normally there and we all made it loud. i said to them please come back lol ��.
I think we were unlucky not to win. Duffy was immense and i am in love with cucu (Marc Cucurella &his hair).

Was worried with a large number of empty seats with 10 to go (filled up a fair bit but still ridiculous you can’t pass ticket on or anyone who didn’t come because of the weather!) but the atmo was good as ever. Totally outsang Arsenal as usual. They literally have the most limited generic songbook out of anyone - I don’t even know if they have a club song - they think by far the greatest team is some sort of song to be sang frequently - it’s their go to song and everyone has sang it for years!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Yep. Without Biss, Welbeck and Webster it will take some sort of miracle to get anything from today.

Expecting a loss today. Just hope it isn't a battering.

I have never been so pleased to be totally wrong! This squad really has some unto my about them. A performance that good with so many injuries was excellent

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There were real hints of peak 2020/21 yesterday. Good performance, lots of shots but not necessarily good ones.

Two BIG differences though. First of all, it was against a "big side" and Potter totally out coached Arteta. This wasn't us knocking it around the back slowly for 5 minutes before Biss fired over from 40 yards against a bottom six side, this was totally outplaying a "big six" side. Suspect everyone left with a warm glow from that, rather than frustration. Two points dropped at the end of the day but, given the conditions, very happy with a point and fifth (at least until 6.30 tonight :lolol: )

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I think if I was an Arsenal fan at that match it would have been a massive wake-up call after their humbling of Spuds. I'm going to have a wander about their forums and will be amazed if they don't recognise how superior we were and how limited they are.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here