Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Why - who have Torquay got tomorrow?

Ah, I see your misunderstanding, you thought I said Gulls, but I actually said 'gulls, which can be interpreted as a shortened version of seagulls. Don't worry, I forgive you :) :wave:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Now it IS the day of the game...

FA Cup Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 0
Arsenal wins - 2
Draws - 0
Brighton goals - 1
Arsenal goals - 4

FA Cup Results at Brighton (all time)
30.01.1988 r4 Brighton 1-2 Arsenal
12.01.1935 r3 Brighton 0-2 Arsenal

Head-to-head
• Arsenal have had the better of the exchanges with Brighton, winning nine and losing two of the 13 matches between the sides, eight of which were in the top-flight between 1979 and 1983.
• The Gunners hold a 100% record over the Seagulls in the FA Cup.
• The London side won 2-0 away in the third round in 1935, repeated the result at Highbury in the fourth round in 1980 and were 2-1 fourth round victors in their most recent clash at the Goldstone Ground in 1988.
Brighton
• Newcastle's third round conquerors are looking to claim another Premier League scalp in one of four top-flight against Championship contests in this fourth round, which would give Brighton a place in the fifth round for the third season running.
• Twelve months ago, Gus Poyet's side also ended the interest of Newcastle in this fourth round.
• The 1983 runners-up have not lost any of the last nine FA Cup matches on their own territory. Mansfield's third round triumph in 2008 is the Seagulls' only loss in their last 13 FA Cup matches in front of the home faithful.
Arsenal
• The 10 times winners, seven times runners-up and second most successful club in FA Cup history have only fallen as early as the fourth round in two of the last 12 seasons, and it was top-flight opposition that ejected Arsenal on both occasions.
• The north London club, 21 places higher than Brighton, were last eliminated by a non-Premier League club in the third round in January 1996, when Sheffield United of the second tier knocked them out, prior to Arsene Wenger's arrival.
• The Gunners, who fell foul of League Two Bradford City in the Capital One Cup, have lost 99 matches in FA Cup history.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Referee Michael Oliver officated in the home Leage Cup tie against Liverpool last season. He awarded a fine penalty and generally let the game flow.

Top class referee and no need for the cheese rolls. Reffed Swansea v Arsenal.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Durso as the fourth official? Has he upset somebody?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
BBhhz6yCEAAlFYH.jpg:large

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We have not lost an FA Cup match at home under Gus. That is 9 FA Cup home ties without being beaten.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So a draw today and knocked out in the replay then.

The form guide says you could be correct.

I prefer to expect that we will SMASH THEM.

:)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
According to SSN Ankergren could replace Kuszczak.

Clutching at straws for any news if you ask me. Quite easy to guess that as it's exactly what happened in the last round!
I still think Kuszczak will start though.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Kuszczak, Bruno, Greer, El Abd, Bridge, Hammond, Bridcutt, Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Vicente, Ulloa.....turn the flairometer to maximum and lets have some fun.

I'd be extremely surprised if Barnes is not in the starting XI.

Think it will be the usual 7 and Orlandi, Barnes, Vicente, CMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here