Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
At least Cardiff are losing. Really have to go for it 2nd half. They are not playing Man City this week.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What makes it worse is that it's always against Bournemouth, either we don't play well or they raise their game and/or get nasty.
I don't see them as a rival but over the seasons I have grown to really dislike them and it's a game I always want to win, same as Southampton, so, at the moment, I am doubly pissed off.
If we don't come out, attack and play like we should, to get us 3 vital points, against, yet again, a side in poor form and only just above us, and we are at home, then I will be joining the Houghton out brigade.
I mean, don't they realise that a win, or even a point, will realease some pressure for the Cardiff game.
At least come out 2nd half and fight for the points.
Bah!

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Why with the last minute did Stephens pass back to Dunk and then urge him to pass it forward? He had the opportunity to do it himself, the mind boggles.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'll defend CH to the hilt for what he's done for the Albion.
But I think sometimes CH shows too much naivety, especially in press conferences, where he shows too much respect to the opposition, this IMO feeds down to the players.
He needs to be stronger in interview, instead of saying what a quality side the opposition are, and start dropping some heavy hints towards the Albion players.
Who should take a long look at themselves and earn their keep.

I doubt there's a single fan who doesn't like Hughton as a bloke, or are not greatful for where he's taken us.... But the fact is, he is tactically rigid and it's always defend first, there's no pressing, no urgency, nothing modern or novel tactically, always conservative. It's what Norwich got, it's what we're getting now. I just don't see CH taking us very much further than perennial strugglers and eventual relegation.... He's run out of ideas, it's just more of the same ambitionless safety first each week and everyone else has sussed us out.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's not good but booing them off really isn't going to help.

You're taking the piss yeah? People pay anything from £500 upwards to watch that, plus food, travel outside areas, give up their weekend. Unlike you, probably sitting at home telling all and sundry not to boo. Do one fella.

We had long spells of possession and did absolutely nothing with it and never looked dangerous. Bournemouth took their chance and could have had one or two more. As previous posters have said, abject in the final third. Poor touches, poor passing, poor decision making and what seems like a fear of getting the ball into the box.

Come on The Albion, turn it around and give us something to smile about, apart from Cardiff losing!

Attacking side of our game has totally gone backwards this season

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Thoroughly fed up sitting watching that.

It’s an awful game - I’m sick of watching us lose to average teams.

I really hope they prove me wrong the second half - maybe a lucky deflection will give us a bit more Confidence. But we got to do better than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
disjointed going forward. there's no understanding and what looks to be no plan when attacking.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
We really have to start questioning whether it's the players or the manager now. If we can't get ourselves up for games such as this and saints the other week, at home, the manager simply has to take a large chunk of the blame.

I have been saying for months now, with these players CH has taken us as far as he can, we will never make it to the next level.

Why with the last minute did Stephens pass back to Dunk and then urge him to pass it forward? He had the opportunity to do it himself, the mind boggles.

He sums up everything wrong with the complacency of our play this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here