Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm probably in a minority here, but I've always thought that Hunemeier is a better all-round footballer than Duffy, maybe a change round in defence could sort out these stupid goals we give away.

But we need a big lump to deal with the corners.

I thought there was a case for Goldson, but then Schelotto made three headed clearances.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
But we need a big lump to deal with the corners.

I thought there was a case for Goldson, but then Schelotto made three headed clearances.
The Bournemouth corners were sheer class and caused us no end of grief. Obviously done their homework. Agree that we need to sort this out otherwise we will struggle. Good that they were always coming from behind. At the beginning of the season we looked dangerous at set pieces. Can't make the same claim at present.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Most set-piece goals conceded in the Premier league (Excluding penalties) 14 in total, we may have a slight problem? :blush:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Most set-piece goals conceded in the Premier league (Excluding penalties) 14 in total, we may have a slight problem? :blush:

8 clean sheets this season.

palace only had 7 for the entirety of 2016/17, and have only had 4 this season.

The Albion share 7th in the clean sheet table with Spurs behind:-

Utd 12
Chelsea 11
City 11
Burnley 10
Arsenal 9
Liverpool 9

T'is a shame NSC is all but bottom in the clean sheets table.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The neutrals all thought it was a good game. Disappointed in the same way as against Burnley two seasons ago.

I thought Bournemouth were flagging but their second goal gave them a new lease of life, pace of the game was so high that bring on a defensive substitution was a bit risky if they could get up to the pace of the game, which makes bringing on Izzy Brown a surprise was he seems to have a problem getting up to pace in slower games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here