[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AEK Athens *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Agree, love those passes at 90 degrees across his body, very confident on the ball too. Reckon he's got a couple of howlers in him though across the season :lol:

Fati is clearly a very good player, but a bit quiet tonight. Not quite linked up with the rest of our attackers.
It will take time to anticipate what our other attackers are going to do especially Pedro, who could do anything (in a good way)

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Veltman in for Milner so we actually have a proper RB on the pitch, Fati has been poor.
We've been too slow, Athens are closing us down quickly.
I hope we wake up a bit as we had moments when we looked like we were going to batter them.

I don't think Ansu has been bad, he's made some great off the ball runs and tracked back. We need him more involved though.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
With Ajax and Marseille drawing 2-2 in the other game, this is probably the easiest group match of the six.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
My take is that we have given them too many free hits against the run of play and yes we lack a leader, but have been far the better team with over 70% possession and in control for the most.
Igor the best performance on the pitch for me and a real positive.
Not to say that I'm over confident we'll get the breaks and turn things around on this occasion but here's hoping

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
That was embarrassing free kick on the edge of the box from March and Gross. so poor. Solly of old. Gross should have just shot.

AEK going to waste an awful lot of time aren't they. Any chance - they'll go down.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I must be watching a different game because I thought we'd played some decent stuff. Maybe a bit naive for the goals - and they are disrupting the normal flow - but it's not horrendous.

I'm just enjoying the evening 👍🏼
Even though we're losing, and not at our best - I'm enjoying it a lot. Still can't believe we're in a European match.

Lamptey? I hope they don't crock him too badly.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I'm really surprised we didn't play most of our old heads. Welbeck and Veltman for sure.
Not just some of the more experienced players but playing so many players that haven't had many minutes in recent weeks. I know we need to keep the squad fresh and rotate but this first game really needed to be able to cope with what we knew would be a fit and physical AEK side. We may still win/draw but a rare error from RDZ tonight in my opinion.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Glued to the other group match!

Ajax 3-2 Marseille is one of the best matches I'm watching for years! Marseille should be in front. 4:7 shots on target, 3:7 shots off target! 🤯

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports