Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Leeds Utd *** Official Match Thread ***

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Snowing right now on the banks of the River Severn. Hope you have a brighter welcome for us down in the beautiful south.
Thinking 2-1 either way or maybe 2-2.
Worried who will cover McCormack - too quick on the turn for Greer who tends to get too close and back off him at your peril. Was thinking Stephens but just read he conceded four to him at the valley :facepalm:

shangambling1

Sep 28, 2011
Brighton
Was at Elland Road for first game of season and we were robbed of a point by a handball in the 94th minute.. hopefully justice will come tonight. Gonna be absolutely f****** freezing as well as wet.. however compared to the last few glum Tuesday fixtures at the Amex, I have a feeling going by previous encounters this shall be rather entertaining. Card Happy Ref too! Going for 2-2

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When was the last time we won two games together? Certainly appears to be some time ago!

Leicester H 07.12.13 followed by M'Boro A 14.12.13.

Prior to that, 3 in a row, 02.11.13 Doncaster A - 09.11.13 Blackburn H - 23.11.13 Wigan A

We haven't won 2 home league games in a row yet though!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I keep cycling through predictions. High score draw like the last two home games v Leeds, or 1-1 since we seem to be working towards it (3-3, followed by 2-2...), to them having a bit of momentum with the siege mentality created by their ownership worries coupled with Greer being out of form and our frontline struggling to get goals meaning we'll lose badly, to noting Leeds have conceded first in their last couple of games (since the management issue came up) thinking we might be better equipped to hold/improve out lead than Huddersfield and Yeovil so a win for us, then back around.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I expect a few goals in this one.

Could go two ways: Leeds, the 'wounded animal' bites back and wins. Or rolls over like a pussy cat and we win easily.

I'm optimistic tonight is the night, D-ROD is transformed into DYNA-ROD. Expect him to unlock/unblock their defence...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Snowing right now on the banks of the River Severn. Hope you have a brighter welcome for us down in the beautiful south.
Thinking 2-1 either way or maybe 2-2.
Worried who will cover McCormack - too quick on the turn for Greer who tends to get too close and back off him at your peril. Was thinking Stephens but just read he conceded four to him at the valley :facepalm:

When he comes deep is a likely problem. Snow would be better fun than the relentless rain.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was at Elland Road for first game of season and we were robbed of a point by a handball in the 94th minute.. hopefully justice will come tonight. Gonna be absolutely f****** freezing as well as wet.. however compared to the last few glum Tuesday fixtures at the Amex, I have a feeling going by previous encounters this shall be rather entertaining. Card Happy Ref too! Going for 2-2

According to the forecast the rain should have pushed through

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We've not had Darren Deadman since 2011/2012.

Ipswich away, Wrexham home, Middlesborough home in that season.

Seems to have had extended spells in League One recently :whistle:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I expect a few goals in this one.

Could go two ways: Leeds, the 'wounded animal' bites back and wins. Or rolls over like a pussy cat and we win easily.

I'm optimistic tonight is the night, D-ROD is transformed into DYNA-ROD. Expect him to unlock/unblock their defence...

Wounded animal? Eh? They've won their last 2 on the bounce, scoring SEVEN goals in the process.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I won't be there for this one but will be listening on player, I am expecting the best atmosphere of the season, please don't let me hear Leeds singing too much tonight. The AMEX should be rocking given the number of away fans coming and the magnitude of the game. Here's hoping and don't let me down with the support from the stands tonight, 12th man and all that :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here