Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Saw this last friday lunchtime but didn't think much of it at the time:

[tweet]604316219496361985[/tweet]

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
with two new wingers baldock can come central....but i agree more quality in the better.

I'm hoping this apparent interest in wingers does indeed mean a move back into the middle for Baldock. We still need to add to our striking ranks but getting more out of the one decent one we have already will be a positive for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's weird isn't it? After a period of nothingness and a bit of nocturnal seepage starting to happen I have seen enough intent today to renew a season ticket after a season away.

A total of 5 pacey wingers including KLL, March and Ward plus one of BZ, Colunga and Baldock in the middle and I think I might be digging my Albion mojo out from wherever it has been hiding.

We can but dream at this time of year but today has made the outlook much brighter, even if it is just rumours

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We have signed one winger and are now targeting two more? As long as they all have pace it sounds exciting

I'm guessing CH likes wingers? Wasn't it him that brought in the very impressive Redmond at Norwich?

Given the signings and reports from this week -- involving Ward, Murphy and Ali -- this would appear to be the case. There wasn't much evidence on the pitch last season, in contrast. This might be because of injuries (March and, sometimes, KLL), it might be that he didn't rate our wide players.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
he has played full back ........a while ago admittedly but maybe this is CH's thinking

Lua Lua as a full back :lolol:

I've heard everything now, he has the worst positional sense and tactical acumen of any player I have ever seen. Lua Lua as a full back would be an unmitigated disaster. Even Hyypia didn't think he was a full back.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I hope not. And... why?

My personal opinion of him is, he thinks he a billy big B....... and better than he actually is and, as another poster said 4 years (signed permanent) on he still can't hold down a first team place under any manager. Think it's time to move on to pastures new.

But, hey I have been wrong before only time will tell if he stays. Feel free to bounce if he does produce the magic and I will eat humble pie and apologise.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
My personal opinion of him is, he thinks he a billy big B....... and better than he actually is and, as another poster said 4 years (signed permanent) on he still can't hold down a first team place under any manager. Think it's time to move on to pastures new.

But, hey I have been wrong before only time will tell if he stays. Feel free to bounce if he does produce the magic and I will eat humble pie and apologise.

I see him as the only player we have left who can excite by terrorising defenders. Maybe not as a starter, but definitely as an impact sub. Personally, I see 4 wingers as essential if we are (for some unknown reason) going to stick with 4-3-3, so:

Kaz, Solly plus Ali and Murphy? 2 for each position is my thinking here...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I've heard everything now, he has the worst positional sense and tactical acumen of any player I have ever seen. Lua Lua as a full back would be an unmitigated disaster. Even Hyypia didn't think he was a full back.

:lolol:

Absolutely marvellous suggestion. Has glasfryn suggested putting Sam Baldock in goal yet?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I see him as the only player we have left who can excite by terrorising defenders. Maybe not as a starter, but definitely as an impact sub. Personally, I see 4 wingers as essential if we are (for some unknown reason) going to stick with 4-3-3, so:

Kaz, Solly plus Ali and Murphy? 2 for each position is my thinking here...

I don't disagree too much, when Kaz gets the chance he just doesn't seem to grab it and prove people he is a starter he too me seems lazy. Even as an impact sub it's on the odd occasion he does something once he is on.

For someone who has got ability to run at and beat players he doesn't do it enough.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't disagree too much, when Kaz gets the chance he just doesn't seem to grab it and prove people he is a starter he too me seems lazy. Even as an impact sub it's on the odd occasion he does something once he is on.

For someone who has got ability to run at and beat players he doesn't do it enough.
Had a blinder against Derby.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
:lolol:

Absolutely marvellous suggestion. Has glasfryn suggested putting Sam Baldock in goal yet?

I am sure he played in that position (but maybe corrected) at the theatre of tree's but as I said it was a long time ago

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

Hyypia didn't think anyone was a full back.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here