Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
rediffusionctv.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whoa there! A TV is one thing, but a TV with a BUILT-IN VCR is a little bit extravagant.
I might remember absolutely nothing that happened on the pitch, but I bet Nogan won a TV Video combi.

If I could utilize my brain for good, I probably would have cured cancer by now.
Instead I'm a postman :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I can't believe mine is the only vote for Stuart Storer - a man who ran his nuts off every game back then AND was skillful AND who knew where the goal was AND was a nice guy. Travesty.

I was going to suggest a poll but with this level of Stalinist revisionism taking place, I don't think I want to know.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whoa there! A TV is one thing, but a TV with a BUILT-IN VCR is a little bit extravagant.

Extravagant? There's the sponsored CAR for anyone who wins it two years in a row.

6111099937_b9dba3f877_z.jpg

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I can't believe mine is the only vote for Stuart Storer - a man who ran his nuts off every game back then AND was skillful AND who knew where the goal was AND was a nice guy. Travesty.

I was going to suggest a poll but with this level of Stalinist revisionism taking place, I don't think I want to know.

I didn't like him from the moment the moustache got the chop until he redeemed himself with that Doncaster goal

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Paul McDonald on the basis that, despite Maskell scored the goals that kept us up, I never really liked him for some reason

Kudos to Black Rod - Maskell was the Ashley Barnes of his day. A good little goal poacher who scored regularly for a lot of lower league clubs, but found himself trying to lead the line for us, due to Baird's injuries and suspensions. He was a real target for the boo boys despite his goal contributions.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
I have a shirt from this season that is signed.Does the fact that there was no player of the season make it more valuable?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Kudos to Black Rod - Maskell was the Ashley Barnes of his day. A good little goal poacher who scored regularly for a lot of lower league clubs, but found himself trying to lead the line for us, due to Baird's injuries and suspensions. He was a real target for the boo boys despite his goal contributions.

I think you're right. Scored some crucial goals in that period, but I don't recall him ever being a fans' favourite in the way that, say, Storer was.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I was going to vote for Stuart Storer in the original post, but forgot.

So that's two votes.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Zeke Rowe. Oh, that was the previous season. I remember being in the north stand as a teenager seeing his solo effort against Carlisle(South stand goal).

1996-97 - Maybe Robbie the saviour or Mark Ormerod.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
A really tough call.
Storer was really with us as fans in many ways, as was Denny Mundee on more than one occasion. Maybe Maskell seemed a bit aloof, but nigh on 20 goals in a team that was bottom for half the season is some effort... and let's be fair about it, he was only a goal post's width away from being revered like Reinelt.

If push came to shove i'd go with Storer though.. given that the year before I felt he was possibly one of the worst players i'd seen in the stripes, 96-97 proved he had no small amount of ability. Fair play to the man who scored the last goal at the Soldstone...and actually went to a party in fancy dress as Hitler.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't remember anyone being of a particularly high standard.

But for unrelenting effort, occasional flair, and our very own version of the "AGUERRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" moment, it would be Stuart Storer.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I know to a certain extent it was the squad of players who got us into the position we found ourselves in, blimey there were some very extenuating circumstances, but ultimately they did rescue us and save the club from possible extinction, and I think its only fair they ALL get invited down to the Amex before the end of the season and given a nice big flat screen TV courtesy of whoever that weeks' current boo boy is...favourites Andrews or Lopez, and in fact whoever it is can chip in and buy the flat screens...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here