Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion 2023/24 home kit

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
The "off-centre stripes" on the new shirt mean that the club badge now sits centred on the edge of two stripes.

I don't hate it. Would have preferred a blue back though.

Shame the Amex logo is floating in a huge empty space in the stripes, it's a lot tighter on the away shirt.

View attachment 163681View attachment 163682
That’s why the home shirt looks a bit of a mess and the away shirt looks cleaner

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Bravery as in what ? I saw a fake mock-up with diagonal blue and white stripes last week, would that be considered "brave" ? I can just imagine the complete MELTDOWN on here if we went down that kind of route with something totally off-piste.

The main consensus seems to be thats its a bit dull, a bit meh. Well, its a blue and white striped shirt, there's not a whole lot you can do with that apart from arsing about with the width of the stripes, which has also been done plenty of times before.

My opinion - its fine. They've not done anything weird with it. Its just a standard average typical Albion blue and white striped shirt. What else do people want ?? 🤷‍♂️
I just want something interesting. One of those bonkers mockups would be fine with me :shrug:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It’s hideous. It’s poorly made. It’s poor value. HWTs point about the front panels not sitting flat is spot on. For sixty quid, and it’s all rucked up. Dreadful piece of merch.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Why do we bother with a new kit every year? There was absolutely nothing wrong with last year's. Oh, I know, to make money when suckers rush out and buy it ... and then head off to the food bank because they can't afford to feed the kids. What a load of bollocks this whole rip-off kit thing is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to a sauce…

For a £60 sale price
VAT is 20% = £10 so net price is £50

Retailer takes 40% of net = £20
Licence fee to club is 10% of net = £5
Manufacturer 30% of net = £15
Distribution 4% of net = £2
Marketing 6% of net = £3

Leaving production cost 10% = £5

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Neckline makes it look a bit Aussie Rules, with sleeves. Are we expecting Peupion to blow up this season?

Also, what does the darker blue sleeve trim refer to? Is it the same colour as the badge backing, I can’t tell. As usual the onslaught of different blues is a bit jarring to my eyes.

Overall the home kit is fine - better than some we’ve had. If we go deep into the Europa League, get a top 10 finish, and score plenty of beautiful goals, if will end up being liked. Simples!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
According to a sauce…

For a £60 sale price
VAT is 20% = £10 so net price is £50

Retailer takes 40% of net = £20
Licence fee to club is 10% of net = £5
Manufacturer 30% of net = £15
Distribution 4% of net = £2
Marketing 6% of net = £3

Leaving production cost 10% = £5

I'm surprised it costs £5 to produce tbh!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why do we bother with a new kit every year? There was absolutely nothing wrong with last year's. Oh, I know, to make money when suckers rush out and buy it ... and then head off to the food bank because they can't afford to feed the kids. What a load of bollocks this whole rip-off kit thing is.
I don’t think Paul Barber is holding a gun to anyone‘s head forcing them to buy the shirt TBF.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I don't mind the neckline, but the asymmetric stripes kill it for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When was the last time you were happy about anything?

I obviously have no idea how you are in the real world, but on here you're the dictionary definition of a miserable, moaning git.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I don't mind the neckline, but the asymmetric stripes kill it for me.
They are not asymmetrical though are they? The dividing line between the central blue and white stripes comes down from the centre of the neckline. One of the better parts of this kit, for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They are not asymmetrical though are they? The dividing line between the central blue and white stripes comes down from the centre of the neckline. One of the better parts of this kit, for me.
Ok, the off centre stripes then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here