Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21 fixtures

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Why ? Good run out for the U23's
It's a great opportunity I agree, but in the current situation where things are tight, it's the easiest thing to stop this year! (Not sure Carabao will be pleased mind!)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I read somewhere it would be 21st August.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A League Cup competition has been scrapped in a lot of European countries. Most recently France which just saw its last final between PSG and Lyon. France, Belgium, Spain and Germany all had league cup competitions and no longer do. Italy have never had one. It is the UK and Portugal in terms of "larger footballing nations" that are left.

I would argue that we are in desperate need of reform for our "Carabao" Cup competition to gain a popularity once again. Mainly, I'd say the top 6 can't qualify. It would open up the calendar for the European teams and give a great opportunity for someone outside of Manchester to win it.

Thought for a long time that the teams that qualify for Europe should be omitted. I guess you'd still need the rest of the EPL teams to take part so the smaller clubs still get the occasional big team pay day, but an alternative would be to make it EFL only.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
so despondent cant get over the fact we might/will miss a hell of a lot of games next season---- I suppose the only away game I wont miss is Leeds --- how about anyone else ?

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
From BBC site:

The fixtures for the 2020-21 Premier League season will be released at 09:00 BST on Thursday.

A shortened top-flight campaign is set to start on 12 September and culminate on 23 May, 2021.

The new season will be five weeks shorter than usual because of the late end to 2019-20 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

As a result, the Premier League has scrapped its winter break because of fixture congestion.

Premier League clubs involved in the latter stages of European cup competitions will be given a delayed start to the 2020-21 season.

Manchester City reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League, while in the Europa League, Manchester United got to the semi-finals and Wolves to the quarter-finals.

A 30-day break has generally been accepted, which would mean all three clubs will not start their campaigns on 12 September.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Premier League clubs involved in the latter stages of European cup competitions will be given a delayed start to the 2020-21 season.

Manchester City reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League, while in the Europa League, Manchester United got to the semi-finals and Wolves to the quarter-finals.

A 30-day break has generally been accepted, which would mean all three clubs will not start their campaigns on 12 September.

Not heard this before. That complicates things doesn't it. Could mean a couple of blank weeks early on?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not heard this before. That complicates things doesn't it. Could mean a couple of blank weeks early on?

Only one, and possibly not even that.

Man Utd played last, and that was on 16/8, so 30 days takes them to Wednesday 15/9. If the first set of fixtures is spread over a few days, that could form part of that opening round.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Only one, and possibly not even that.

Man Utd played last, and that was on 16/8, so 30 days takes them to Wednesday 15/8. If the first set of fixtures is spread over a few days, that could form part of that opening round.

Yes true, I didn't really think through the 30 days. And Sheffield United were not in Europe :)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12417552/premier-league-fixtures-man-utd-arsenal-leak-opening-day/

:laugh::laugh::lolol:

Usual nonsense

usu.JPG

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Seems obvious to me that Man Utd and Man City should be drawn to face each other on the first weekend. It can then be re-arranged to suit them both. No need to involve other clubs at all. Not going to happen is it?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

'LEAKY BLINDER Premier League opening day fixtures 2020-21 appear to be leaked with Man Utd vs Arsenal in mouthwatering showdown'

'Although, the fact Man City are also supposedly scheduled to be at home, against Crystal Palace, calls the fixtures' accuracy into question'

It's as if they say 'Yes, we know we print utter tripe in our paper. But why not ? There are millions of deluded fools who want this.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here