Brighton hit and run - help please!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Sorry for starting a thread like this but I know how powerful NSC can be and someone might be able to help!

A friend of mine was involved in a hit and run last month and was left seriously injured - breaking her neck, legs and hip.

The police have released photos of two men who might be involved. If you recognise either of these men please contact Sussex Police so they can help find the scumbags who left her for dead.

Brighton hit and run victim: ''Help me find those who left me for dead.' From The Argus)

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I recognise Michelle. All the best for a speedy recovery.

Hope the bastards get caught soon.

Recognise them? Call Sussex Police on 101.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I do hope your friend makes a full and speedy recovery, how any one can leave someone for dead is beyond me, and hopefully only a matter of time before they get the bastards.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm sure we would be amazed as to how many people don't want to grass on someone else.

Let's hope, if someone knows the pair, they have the balls to do so.

Thing is, even if their family and friends don't shop them, they must come into contact with the same people regularly, even if they don't know them, so if the pictures are broadcast widely, someone will give them up (hopefully)

Slysi1976

Jul 10, 2012
Brighton
hope they get what they deserve,scum like that don't deserve to walk the streets. And also all my wishes to michelle on a speedy recovery...

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Just re-reading the story. If she was hit at 4:45 in the morning, that can't be the time those pics were taken, so where did they come from ? And it looks like they're loading that stuff into that white car, so they have the number plate.

What I was thinking, surely they can find out if that white car belongs to either.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hope they get caught,

Looking at the cctv pictures are they loading or unloading boxes that size into what looks like a micra, which would not help there vision if the victim was hit before or after, and if that is there excuse it is unforgiveable reason for not stopping.

did not see the bit about a stolen car, scum bags utter scum.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I dont know Michelle but she works with my sister in law, she was moaning at me on the Sunday as to why Michelle hadnt turned up to work or why she wasnt answering her phone. It came to light what had happened later that sunday evening.
As an added point a friend of mine was in a taxi in the Portslade/Mile Oak area on that same Sunday morning at about 04:45 and was driving behind a car which had the boot open and what looked like planks of wood being thrown from the car, their taxi was lucky not to crash. The car in front did stop and my friends gf actually spoke to the driver of the car to check he was ok before he sped off nearly knocking someone else over!!!! Police arrived a couple of minutes later and my friend pointed them in the direction where the car went.
It turned out to be the car that was involved in a robbery of the wooden floor shop at the top of Trafalgar rd Portslade and has since been identified as the same car that hit Michelle!!!
Unfortunately neither of my friends could give a good description of the fella in the car as they'd been drinking all night!!
I cant believe these wankers havnt been caught yet!!!!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Aren't they suspected of robbing the Wood store in Portslade? I guess the photos are taken from a daylight crime they're undertaking?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Hope they get caught,

Looking at the cctv pictures are they loading or unloading boxes that size into what looks like a micra, which would not help there vision if the victim was hit before or after, and if that is there excuse it is unforgiveable reason for not stopping.

The white car in the picture wasn't the one involved with her hit and run, that was a Passat and was abandoned shortly after the ram raid. The Corsa was then stolen and driven back to the shop which is when the photos were taken.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Just re-reading the story. If she was hit at 4:45 in the morning, that can't be the time those pics were taken, so where did they come from ? And it looks like they're loading that stuff into that white car, so they have the number plate.

The shops been robbed again since the hit and run night so maybe these are pics from the second robbery???

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
The shops been robbed again since the hit and run night so maybe these are pics from the second robbery???

Detectives believe the Passat that hit Michelle was used a short time later in a ram raid at a wood flooring shop in Trafalgar Road, Portslade.

The car was later found abandoned in Amherst Crescent, Hove.

A white Vauxhall Corsa was stolen from Amherst Crescent and seen at the same flooring shop at around 6.23am on the same day.

On that occasion two men were seen loading up the car with pallets of oak flooring and driving off towards Victoria Park. The Corsa was found abandoned the following day in Hartington Road, Brighton.

Police have released CCTV pictures of two men loading the Corsa at the shop who they would like to speak to over the incidents.

On Sunday the Wood Flooring Centre was burgled for a third time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone complaining right now that we have too much CCTV in this country?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Lets hope these scumbags are caught asap. Like everyone, I wish your friend a speedy recovery.

Chances are, these arseholes are robbing to order? Those two are either in the building/flooring trade or they're supplying another tradesman who is. Flooring material seems an unusual thing to rob for. Small time robbers usually go for the old favourites like Booze and Fags when raiding. Stuff that is easy to turn over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports