Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton has become an object lesson in why it is a disaster to vote Green.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well I know you like to use your high and mighty arrogance to suggest you're always right but it is you that is talking "utter bollocks". Unless of course you're suggesting that the three Tory councillors I met with ( about an entirely different subject ) shortly after the vote are lying ? The Tory party were entirely split on the i360 funding and a deal was struck.

I couldn't give a toss if you believe that or not but it was told to me by Tory councillors and verified by other sources.

Bang goes my irony-meter.

You can carry on convincing yourself over this if you wish - that's your issue. The statements put out by the Tories have been entirely consistent since 2006.

And for you to insult a long-standing councillor in Ann Norman in such a way to say she was 'bought' is pretty desperate.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wouldn't trust a councillor whom would say one thing and vote another. I certainly wouldn't try and defend them regarding deceit.

It wasn't a whole council vote - the councillors I spoke to weren't committee members.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You can carry on convincing yourself over this if you wish - that's your issue. The statements put out by the Tories have been entirely consistent since 2006.

And for you to insult a long-standing councillor in Ann Norman in such a way to say she was 'bought' is pretty desperate.

Errr .... in 2006 there was no discussion, or indeed thought, that the i360 wouldn't be entirely privately funded.

As for Ann Norman, I suggest you refer to some of her statements regarding the Albion move to Withdean and her support for Sweat and later on John Cat's legal challenges. Her husband was also against the Albion moving there.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I agree because its spot on of what's become of my beloved old town. the real change came about when brighton was awarded city status which by the way is only a posh term for town.
call me old fashioned but I no longer recognise the place, its full of freaks weirdo's and nutters. what more can I say.

I love freaks weirdos and nutters. Especially when given the alternative.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
oh it has mate its got just about everything to do with the greens, the good people of brighton had moved out only to make way for a completely different breed of person. now do I have to elaborate on the type of character im referring to or do i simply tell you they all vote green.

The good people of Brighton were moving out way before the Greens got into power because (among other reasons) of the increased house prices paid by people working in London and commuting from Brighton.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The article btw is mainly guff and I say that as one who would never vote Green. However, it is a shame it plays to the popularist right rather than making more of this part (quoted) and dovetailing it in to the current situation.

Last year, the Greens failed to prevent a strike among bin men, with the result that Brighton underwent its very own winter of discontent. Gulls feasted amid the piled-high rubbish. Inevitably, some of the Greens sympathised with the oppressed refuse collectors and joined them on the picket line. There’s an intra-party split every 30 seconds among the eco-comrades.

This city is festering in uncollected rubbish or "seagull food" as I like to call it. Portslade looks like an upmarket Calcutta with less cows and worse food. My friend didn't have her bins collected for four weeks. She is a vegetarian, animal loving single mother, should be the target audience really, but instead she's just started an anti Jason Kitcat Facebook group. This is what you get when you elect the incompetent and it doesn't matter what rosette they wear (though IMO the Greens have the highest incompetent to capable ratio of the lot). The GMB are just as bad. Perhaps their local leaders should join with Jason Kitcat in personally clearing the backlog?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What's that got to do with it?

In what way was she 'bought' on that issue?

Ann Norman supported Sweat and Sweat issued numerous campaign documents that contained down right lies ..... so I'm suggesting Ann Norman isn't exactly a trust worthy witness. I haven't even suggested she was 'bought' in this issue.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I love freaks weirdos and nutters. Especially when given the alternative.

This is however the ultimate dilemma. You meet a complete nutter, realise she's a fruit loop, BUT she is always ultimate FILTH in the sack, with nothing off limits, including Belgian Biscuits. Do you dump her?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I agree because its spot on of what's become of my beloved old town. the real change came about when brighton was awarded city status which by the way is only a posh term for town.
call me old fashioned but I no longer recognise the place, its full of freaks weirdo's and nutters. what more can I say.

I think the expression you're groping for is "celebrating diversity", and is a major reason why a lot of people like the place. I had a conversation with somebody at the local radio station a couple of weeks ago who was going to be visiting a friend in Brighton that weekend. She said she loved the place because it was "just so tolerant".... and she is not a freak, weirdo or nutter.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I'm as anti-Green Party as the next man but go on then, it should pass the last hour at work with something entertaining ....

bit late in the day but here goes....
the type of characters I am referring to are a bunch of hideous dimwits who strap themselves to tree's as part of an attention seeking game yet had these morons of been around a couple of centuries ago they would have found themselves hanging from the very same tree's and used as target practise by the surrounding communities.

best described as being a plague of lazy no good for nothing misfits who's only real aim in life is to put an enormous strain on our social security services.. instead their only contribution to this planet is to boycott all shampoo and soap.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I think the expression you're groping for is "celebrating diversity", and is a major reason why a lot of people like the place. I had a conversation with somebody at the local radio station a couple of weeks ago who was going to be visiting a friend in Brighton that weekend. She said she loved the place because it was "just so tolerant".... and she is not a freak, weirdo or nutter.

yes over tolerant & almost to the point of perversion.
naked bike rides gay pride what is that all about ffs? especially when you mistakenly find yourself trapped in the thick of it with an 8 year old grand daughter at your side.:annoyed:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
the type of characters I am referring to are a bunch of hideous dimwits who strap themselves to tree's as part of an attention seeking game yet had these morons of been around a couple of centuries ago they would have found themselves hanging from the very same tree's and used as target practise by the surrounding communities.

best described as being a plague of lazy no good for nothing misfits who's only real aim in life is to put an enormous strain on our social security services.. instead their only contribution to this planet is to boycott all shampoo and soap.
In the great scheme of the city, it's evidently you who is the freaky, dimwitted wierdo.

Close your door on the way out, you unpleasant, ignorant misfit.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

What a load of clichéd generalised made-up nonsense - you clearly know none of the type of people you are trying to refer to and you are just relying on your own ridiculous prejudices to demonize some mythical or, at best, rare inhabitant of our city!
You are a fool!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here