Brighton finish 4th

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We want to beat the best to get to the Premier League don't we ?
After all we will be playing he best if we do !!
No. We want to get to the prem by hook or by crook. Dodgy decisions, I don't care. It's big money, and with FFP the parachute payments will be crucial if we come back down. I'd be quite happy if we were a yoyo club - losing a lot in the prem, then winning a lot in the Championship, while making money and building for the future.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very subjective, but I think this is the total of points gained/dropped if you consider what 'should have been':

Hull (a) lost - result should have been: draw (-1 dropped)
Watford (a) won - should have been: draw (+2 gained)
Birmingham (h) lost - won (-3)
Middlesbrough (h) lost - won (-3)
Blackpool (a) draw - lost (+1)
Leeds (h) draw - won (-2)
Wolves (a) draw - won (-2)
Bolton (h) draw - won (-2)
Forest (h) draw - won (-2)
Birmingham (a) draw - won (-2)
Blackburn (a) draw - lost (+1)
Hull (h) won – draw (+2)
Blackburn (h) draw – won (-2)
Cardiff (a) won – lost (+3)
Bristol C (a) draw – lost (+1)
Bolton (a) lost – won (-3)
Barnsley (a) lost – draw (-1)
Charlton (h) draw – won (-2)
10-25 = -15
Agree with the general view on so many of those it's ridiculous. I'd probably add Ipswich at home.

But when you take into account that luck does play a small part in football, a team near the top that should be winning games, is going to drop more points due to luck that they will gain (and the opposite is true for teams at the bottom). For example, if you are the best team for all 46 games, and you have some good luck and some bad luck, you will lose some games and draw some games, therefore dropping points.

So, had we have had a bit more luck I could see us getting a few more points, and challenging for second, but that's all.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No. We want to get to the prem by hook or by crook. Dodgy decisions, I don't care. It's big money, and with FFP the parachute payments will be crucial if we come back down. I'd be quite happy if we were a yoyo club - losing a lot in the prem, then winning a lot in the Championship, while making money and building for the future.

Fair point mate but would love to shut them all up though especially the Sarf Landan scum !

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
My highest league finish as a Brighton fan in 24 seasons, seems incredible we are so close to the top division after years languishing in the bottom league in the late nineties.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair point mate but would love to shut them all up though especially the Sarf Landan scum !
Doing it the hard way shows you deserve it, but if you could choose all the results (results, not scores) between now and the end, what would you choose? I know I'd choose us beating Palace in the final.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I can't stop looking at the table been in a trance looking at it for the last 10 minutes on the sky sports app, just off again to look at it some more

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't stop looking at the table been in a trance looking at it for the last 10 minutes on the sky sports app, just off again to look at it some more
It's just so funny how we've overturned Palace's advantage since the St Patrick's Day Massacre. Palace's biggest lead over us this season (with equal games) was 9 points. On the morning of St Patricks Day, their lead over us was 9 points. In 8 games we've got 12 more points than them, and they can't catch us. Amazing.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
whats it say? have then switched off.

It was a quote from Glenn-Murray which will be quoted (and quite rightly should be) for many years to come:

Originally Posted by Glenn-Murray*Wait and see little man. If you finish within 15 points of us I'll be surprised. You're a top 10 side at best, we're playoffs at worst.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
This thread is missing a photo of my telly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367362436.336957.jpg

That is all

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
4th, with just nine matches lost. Ace.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Plus Kuszczak Bridcutt and Lopez. Do I sense a viral infection within the club so reduced strength squad on Saturday.

I believe after Leeds win Saturday, Gus said he would play his strongest side. So we will put out the first team less injuries, so don't expect anything less.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Glenn-Murray or aka Seaside Eagle has all season let his trap run wild with some quality gold quotes, but funny how in the last month or so gone missing from posting. Total tinpot prick.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I believe after Leeds win Saturday, Gus said he would play his strongest side. So we will put out the first team less injuries, so don't expect anything less.

Surely Gus will rest Kuszcsak and Ulloa as a minimum, to protect them from a needless injury.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Surely Gus will rest Kuszcsak and Ulloa as a minimum, to protect them from a needless injury.

Only problem with resting players is that teams around relegation will complain if wolves win, however unlikely it will be, and the teams above will both lose. Just saying like.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
My highest league finish as a Brighton fan in 24 seasons, seems incredible we are so close to the top division after years languishing in the bottom league in the late nineties.

5th highest ever, I believe. Also the highest we've finished in my time supporting the Albion, '86-present.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only problem with resting players is that teams around relegation will complain if wolves win, however unlikely it will be, and the teams above will both lose.
If Barnsley lose, they are relegated whatever Wolves do, so they can't complain. Only Peterborough could be in a position to be hard done by, and Wolves need to improve GD vs Posh by 5. So if we lose 2-0, and Posh lose 2-0, Posh still finish above Wolves. Only if we get stuffed and Posh lose, will they have reason to complain.

Sorry 72+3 = 75 3rd has 77!
By 3rd, he means we'll win the playoffs, and be the 3rd team promoted.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
By 3rd, he means we'll win the playoffs, and be the 3rd team promoted.

Yeah thats what I meant, cheers Trig. In my book winning the play off's means you were the 3rd best team over the season. Sod the numbers.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Have to say that I am surprised and really, really happy for Gus and the whole team.
I also want to apologise to Ulloa who has been fantastic for us when I thought we may have bought a pile of sh*t.
How wrong was I and how happy to admit I was!
C'mon Seagulls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports