Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton finish 4th

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace will come 5th and its gonna go crazy..

Forest will draw with Leicester and palace will draw,, and bolton will win!

If that happens it's not def palace 5th. If Bolton win by 3 or more they're 5th...

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We can't play Leicester now. We won't be playing Forest unless they win by 6 and Palace draw (or they win and Palace lose).
So, Bolton or Palace.
A forest win, palace loss and Bolton drawing or losing is not that unlikely, so wouldn't rule out playing forest as a possibility yet.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My choice of team for Saturday (experimental 4-1-6 formation)

Forster-Caskey
Upson
Calderon
Kuszczak

Ulloa

Painter
Ankergren
Lua-lua
Agdestein
Crofts
El-Abd

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I'd LOVE Palace to hold out for a draw, then realise Bolton have won 3-0 and Forest have won 6-0.

Unfortunately wont happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
4th is bloody brilliant .... BUT if we hadn't dropped so many last-minute points it would have been automatic promotion.
There are more games when we should have won more points, than games where we deserved less, so I can't help thinking we could certainly have been in the mix with one game to go. But c'est la vie, 4th ain't bad.
Fantastic. May have to make that my new sig.
Flashy.
Can't believe anyone things fielding a massively weakened team on Saturday is a good idea.
There are arguments both ways - keep a winning mentality, but also rest knackered players and don't risk more injuries. We could field quite a few reserves and still win (eg, I think Vicente should play, he's not a current first choice, could do with the game time, and is certainly not a weak link).

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Can't believe anyone things fielding a massively weakened team on Saturday is a good idea.

It's the dilemma between maintaining momentum and risking injury/cards. My team was tongue in cheek but Ankergren is surely definite and would have thoght Dunk and AEA in to give Greer and Upson a rest. Painter will probably have to play anyway with no Calde and bruno injured (forgot that), and I would like to see JFC given a run. Buckley is cotton wool job so he won't even be on bench. Barnes leading line as Ulloa too important to risk. This has tedious 0-0 written all over it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There are more games when we should have won more points, than games where we deserved less, so I can't help thinking we could certainly have been in the mix with one game to go. But c'est la vie, 4th ain't bad.
Flashy.
There are arguments both ways - keep a winning mentality, but also rest knackered players and don't risk more injuries. We could field quite a few reserves and still win (eg, I think Vicente should play, he's not a current first choice, could do with the game time, and is certainly not a weak link).

Except that our win record when he plays is shocking

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Flashy.

Except that our win record when he plays is shocking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here