Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton fans

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sat in the home seats but only a few seats from the away end - he must have a ST or a contact because he’s been in the same place before when we’ve played there. He LOVES the attention - saw him when he first went to his seat and he was looking across just waiting for someone to spot him (he did the same at West Ham a couple of weeks ago….made a point of ‘appearing’ near the away end). Lots of smiling and waving, and he stayed to see our boys off at the end. He was surrounded by our fans taking selfies outside the ground afterwards.

It's not a bad ploy to sit very close to the away fans for a former favourite. It means you don't have their constant presence, disturbing the spectacle for you while still getting that adulation.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah, he was there. In the stand next to the Brighton fans in the corner. He gave us a wave and I'm sure he appreciated the two (or was it more?) rousing renditions of We've got Knockaert.

Heard that on the telly and was wondering if he was there, or if I was mishearing things.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't think the Chelsea fans have worked out how to sing and video record on their mobiles at the same time, so video recording any action close to the goal took first place.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Perhaps they don't bother searching anyone who looks over 75?

That does seem to be the policy. I've been searched every season until now, but having reached the grand old age of 65, I'm just nodded through now. I could easily take a thermos in with me

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Second away game this season where there seemed to be home fans in our end. You can see in some of the celebration clips some angry looking faces which is amusing but also annoying.

Liverpool was the same. 2 guys next to me clearly Liverpool fans. Didn't like it when I jumped on them when Brighton scored.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

el punal

Whoever does the flares has some throw always lands on the pitch, quality luzzing.

Just wondering if it’s the same bloke who’s done similar at away games at Liverpool, West Ham and Southampton? I’m not sure if he/she/them will be able to do it at Newcastle, too far from the pitch and could have someone’s head off . . . . . oh, wait a minute . . :rolleyes:

el punal

It's true though, they are. Albion fans away always seem to make more noise. I mean how often do you hear us sing like that at the Amex? Very rarely is the answer.

Possibly caused by the accoustics in the stadium l know, and the fact that there isn't a coordinated singing section, but even so our away support does seem so much more audible.

I refer you to the play off game against Sheffield Wednesday - loud and proud. When it counts the Albion fans are there - always.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Perhaps we need a new thread - maybe even a sticky - with the lyrics and tunes to the songs.
Maybe that will also liven up the home game crowd, too?

Oh how lovely Peter! Yes please a sticky a sticky! How exciting!
Maybe you could even print out some little sheets to hand out at the game? Or maybe arrange some rehearsals with tea and biscuits. This going to be such fun!

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I saw the Chelsea game on Dazn with Japanese commentary and they were really complimentary of our away support. It seemed as though they liked the smoke bomb, keep it up!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
At my age there’s nothing better than a frisky pat down. The lady stewards at the WSU refuse to do it as I glow in anticipation. :cry:

I thought it was just me!

Naturally away fans make the most noise, as they are, by definition, the most committed and they are grouped together in every stadium. Not just ours, every club’s.

Look at Selhurst, where a crowd of Tottenham fans get together behind one goal to wave flags and chant nonsense even when their own team isn’t playing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I thought it was just me!

Naturally away fans make the most noise, as they are, by definition, the most committed and they are grouped together in every stadium. Not just ours, every club’s.

Look at Selhurst, where a crowd of Tottenham fans get together behind one goal to wave flags and chant nonsense even when their own team isn’t playing.

And a larger proportion of them tend to be well lubricated.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Oh how lovely Peter! Yes please a sticky a sticky! How exciting!
Maybe you could even print out some little sheets to hand out at the game? Or maybe arrange some rehearsals with tea and biscuits. This going to be such fun!

Will the biscuits be Hobnobs? l do love a Hobnob. Oh and if l can have coffee instead of tea l might just come to rehearsals.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Not so. I went to Watford v Spurs at new year and the home support was fantastic. The away support sang on about 4 occasions until they scored the late winner and then they were all over it. Not as if they were tired after a long journey from North London

True with Everton v Brighton at the weekend. Plenty of sound from the Everton fans for large parts of the match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here