Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton FA Cup Giant Kills

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How can you say NOT 1983?
Liverpool were -
League Title holders and won it again that season.
European Cup holders.
League Cup holders going on to win again that year.
They were the greatest team in Europe and little ol' Brighton went to Anfield and beat them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That game in 1984. Yes -fair enough, we had got to the final the year before. But still.

Watch from 59.00 onwards - in real time, not highlights. The first goal, great - but then whilst we were all still noisy and bouncy, listen to the expectant roar as Connor was put through (you don't seem to hear that sort of noise much now, not sure why) - then we all went batshit mental. Celebrating when still in a celebratory mood is something quite special. Bigger win for me than the year before, and one of the most special moments in football for me. So far!

Indeed the year before was particularly special, especially for Jimmy Melia

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Sadly, WE were the giant killed (“giant” used very loosely considering our level at the time) most of the time.

Kingstonian, Sudbury Town, Walton & Hersham, Mansfield, Lincoln… narrowly avoided against Canvey Island (“if my granny had balls”)
Don't forget the home drubbing by Oxford in 1982...

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
Those of us who are longer in the tooth also remember a 2-1 defeat by Bedford Town in a 2nd round replay in 1965.
We had beaten Wisbech 10-1 in the first round!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here