Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton could move for Tim Sherwood IF Gus Poyet decides to leave the Amex

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Sherwood would be a big gamble. Untried & untested, he has no managerial experience, the opposite of what we need to make the next step. We're nearly there. A few astute signings and good man management from a wise old head will hopefully see us over the line next season. Sherwood may well turn out to be a good manager but in my view, too much of a risk right now.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I don't know much about the guy, as he is obviously a "back room staff" person at the moment.

However, I assume that Barber knows him from the Yids, and may rate him. Also, it is reported that Blackburn were very keen on him, but they could not get the Yids to let him talk with them.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Not sure why so many seem I be trusting the Venkys judgement? If he gets it then good luck to him and I'll be behind him.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sherwood would be a big gamble. Untried & untested, he has no managerial experience, the opposite of what we need to make the next step. We're nearly there. A few astute signings and good man management from a wise old head will hopefully see us over the line next season. Sherwood may well turn out to be a good manager but in my view, too much of a risk right now.

Agree with this

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have heard that he really has been the brains behind the recent Spurs campaign, very good tactician and total footballing brain,
good at handling players and well respected at the club.
So maybe, just maybe he might be a good choice.
Who knows ? Whoever comes in, it needs to be done quickly now !

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think if we employ Sherwood it will show that Bloom is allowing Barber to make the important decisions, or at least having a big influence. To me that is worrying.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think if we employ Sherwood it will show that Bloom is allowing Barber to make the important decisions, or at least having a big influence. To me that is worrying.

Seconded

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Barber may well have told TB about Sherwood, but to think that anyone other than TB makes the big decisions takes a level of stupidity not often seen on NSC. And NSC has a long and cherished history of gross stupidity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here