Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton bigger club than Bournemouth?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The bigger question is why you thought trying to masquerade yourself as an Albion fan would work given your previous posts.

^^That.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Inova;7608507 To call us cheats just because we were better than you and got promoted is truly pathetic.[/QUOTE said:
Except you failed FFP to do it, are you still in denial about that? So you are cheats, end of.

and sorry to break this to you, we are bigger than Bournemouth even if you are having a fling at the top table.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
It is true to say that there does seem to be a thread on this forum about or mentioning Bournemouth on probably a fortnightly basis. We do have a little bee on our collective bonnet about them, I think that's fair to say. I guess the long historical meetings of the two plays a part in that as well as vague proximity.

The two clubs have gone about things differently using their bankrolling owners (yes Bloom bankrolls us, something many of us aren't always comfortable to admit). Bournemouth put everything they had/have into players to back Howe. We put everything we had/have into building a long term home - understandable given the decades of trouble we suffered. Both Bournemouth and Brighton will need to show they can work long term standing on their own two feet without constant cheques from the owner.

More constructive than talking about Bournemouth so regularly on here, or indulging WUMs such as the above, is to let the talking happen on the pitch and prove ourselves over the coming years to be a Premier League standard club on the pitch as well as off it, and in doing so over take them. Up to us to that, as I always say we can only focus on ourselves.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There is no doubt that Bournemouth are doing really well at the moment, it's the greatest time in their history, but I perceive you as a small provincial club who are punching well above your weight at present. A freak of circumstances if you like.

I'm not sure what bigger means in terms of football clubs really, but you'd give us a decent match on the pitch.

Good luck.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More constructive than talking about Bournemouth so regularly on here, or indulging WUMs such as the above, is to let the talking happen on the pitch and prove ourselves over the coming years to be a Premier League standard club on the pitch as well as off it, and in doing so over take them. Up to us to that, as I always say we can only focus on ourselves.

Where's the fun in that on a football forum?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It is true to say that there does seem to be a thread on this forum about or mentioning Bournemouth on probably a fortnightly basis. We do have a little bee on our collective bonnet about them, I think that's fair to say. I guess the long historical meetings of the two plays a part in that as well as vague proximity.

The two clubs have gone about things differently using their bankrolling owners (yes Bloom bankrolls us, something many of us aren't always comfortable to admit). Bournemouth put everything they had/have into players to back Howe. We put everything we had/have into building a long term home - understandable given the decades of trouble we suffered. Both Bournemouth and Brighton will need to show they can work long term standing on their own two feet without constant cheques from the owner.

Really? Are you a fan of the CHEATS too?

Yoda

English & European
Clearly nobody cares about Bournemouth on here, but somehow reached 10 posts in 10 minutes....

Just generally curious do Brighton fans still believe they are bigger and better than Bournemouth?
Bigger? Yes, Better, no (bit obvious that isn't it)

Bournemouth are called cheats on this forum quite frequently in various threads. People believe that the way the current system works is fair and that as long as you have a big stadium then its acceptable to spend what you like as a club, but because a smaller club wanted to compete thats cheating.
Someone obviously donsn't understand FFP rules. It's to stop Sugar daddies coming into the lower league and spend beyond the clubs means, then F##k Off. I would've thought a club that has been in a similar position and suffered would appreciate that

Don't see anybody calling Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Leicester City, Derby County cheats on this forum. They all spends tons of money more than us are they still cheats?
We already have for them as they have been proven to have breached FFP before, just like yourselves

Yes we failed Financial Fair play, but can you seriously take the Football League Seriously when they have given relegated teams who have failed in the Premier League massive parachute payments to help them for years
Since when did the FL give out parachute payments? Thats nothing to do with the FL, it's the Premier League that do that. If That's your issue take it up with the Division you in you pillock. If anything the FL have governed their FFP rules quite well apart from those that have been successful at cheating in getting promoted. Forest & Blackburn for example have had transfer embargo's enabled due to breaches. Unfortunately you would appear to have gotten away with it if every you get relegated.

There, I've bitten.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I've enjoyed supporting Brighton from Championship down to League 2, when we were arguably a small club. To me the enjoyment will be there regardless of division or size, it's just everything's a bit 'shinier' at the moment!

For the record, I've nowt against Bournemouth, their fans are living the dream that hopefully we will be living one day soon!

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I don't think it was poor judgement by the Albion letting Cook and Elphick go. At the time they weren't good enought to be in the first team. Credit to Eddie Howe he bought the best out in them, and actually I think that's what makes him a good manager, he gets the best out of his players. He clearly must do which is why Bournemouth have been over achieving the last few seasons. I have no doubt that when he inevitably leaves for pastures new, and he will because he's bombed Bournemouth out a few times already, that they'll plummet back down to their natural level.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This wasn't supposed to be trolling. It was a genuine question of why your clubs fans feel the need to call Bournemouth cheats on this forum?
If it wasn't trolling, why did you pretend to be a Brighton fan?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This thread has highlighted one thing to me though - Bournemouth cheated to get to the Premier League, and I don't mention it enough.

I vow to fix that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Would you say that now Bournemouth have reached the Premier League and managed to maintain their status for a season that they have overtaken us as a bigger club?

The attendances and Infrastructure at Brighton is obviously of a much higher standard, but in footballing terms Bournemouth surely have a much better manager, and have played better football for years.

What about Arsenal and Bournemouth, the two teams you like on Facebook?

I bet you never thought your 'small team' would make it to the same lofty heights as your 'Premier League team'. Which one do you support when they play each other?

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 14.41.13.png

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This wasn't supposed to be trolling. It was a genuine question of why your clubs fans feel the need to call Bournemouth cheats on this forum?

I don't have a problem with Brighton, and I hope you reach the premier league next season. I hope Murray is doing the business for you and getting back to his best.

To call us cheats just because we were better than you and got promoted is truly pathetic.

:lolol:

That it might be but not half as pathetic as your impersonation of a Brighton fan in the OP.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sure there is some cock of the south bragging rights to be had, but shouldn't it be Stains fans you, the OP, should be irritating with it?. TBH Brighton and for that matter Plymouth and Portsmouth are not relevant unless one of them wins the FA cup this year.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For the record, I've nowt against Bournemouth, their fans are living the dream that hopefully we will be living one day soon!

Don't let the majority on here catch you posting stuff that like. The official NSC line on AFCB is:

- patronise them at every opportunity and slag off Eddie Howe.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just like Reading, Bournemouth are another club that are DESPERATE for someone to care about them enough to consider them rivals. Both should be aware by now that it's not going to be us..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here