Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton bigger club than Bournemouth?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tee hee. Because of course no STH at the Amex supports Arsenal.

That bloke Cantona kicked - he was a fan of Fulham wasn't he? And where did those extra 12,000 all come from when you went up? You couldn't even fill your ground for the play-off semi against us.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agree about the big club debate being boring.
I also have always disliked FFP. Ok it's a rule but clubs except us don't really take it seriously, and flaunt it to get to the premier league and it has always narked me that we stuck to it to the letter, others using us as a role model for it.
Ok Bournemouth cheated the system but went up and stayed there so they win, but it's only because of a weak PL recently that they managed to do that, go back a few years and they would have gone straight back down.
Other clubs have managed to stay within the rules and have managed to get everything right and get promoted, hopefully that's us this season.
Once in the PL there is so much money it's ridiculous and if you get relegated then you have the parachutes.
So do I wish we had cheated the system and was now in the PL with loads of dosh,or back in the Championship with all that money plus parachute payments having paid a poxy fine, yes you bet I do.
They should have made the penalty for not applying FFP much less affordable.

I don't buy the weak PL as a reason they stayed up, I dont even think it is a weak league - the lower clubs spending 20 million on players shows that.

Norwich went straight back down, and they arguably had a better team.,

Much how Howe is annoying he is a good manager and the main reason they stayed up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That bloke Cantona kicked - he was a fan of Fulham wasn't he? And where did those extra 12,000 all come from when you went up? You couldn't even fill your ground for the play-off semi against us.

In that same photograph, you can plainly see someone wearing a Man United badged jacket.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Care Del (suitably named wide boy implicative) Fenner will be giggling about this on the BBS. They do not like you there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tee hee. Because of course no STH at the Amex supports Arsenal.

Over 50% of your fans supported somebody else before you got promoted didn't they? If not why didn't they come before you were promoted?

At least the Albion have the excuse of 200 mile round trip to a home game, followed by a weather exposed athletics track with a capacity of 6k rising to 8k before the Amex came along.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I can't be arsed reading through the waffle. But Brighton have always been bigger than us - it was the classic early 70's turning point. We slid down to 5k crowds when we didn't get promoted and you progressed, got into Div1 etc..

We could close the gap if we buy the ground back - but tbf they are asking for silly money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here