Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton are too good and will go down one day

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I get that - but Liverpool were the wrong team to pick; they weren't a new club coming from obscurity to challenge the big boys - they were big boys! Thinking of teams newly promoted back then that didn't have a long history of winning championships and existing in the top division, well you could have had Southampton, QPR, even Palace as examples, rather than Liverpool returning to their natural place in the scheme of things.
Hmm…’natural place in the scheme of things.’ Not sure about that. They only got into the Football League because Bootle FC had to drop out.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Everton have been relegated twice. 1930 and 1951.

(Football wasn't invented by Sky in the 90s, etc, etc..................................)
I was under the impression Everton and arsenal, arsenal Woolwich have, have not been relegated. I'm surprised I missed that although I was not alive then! 😀

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
That we need to buy badly, have average at best players which are therefore undesirable to other teams, and will mean that we can keep the side together as the best way for us avoid relegation.

We wont lose our better players, because no-one will want them, and mean that although we'll finish closer to the relegation spots each season (i guess he thinks) we'll survive longer in the division?
So basically become Crystal Palace?!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
In other news, Sheffield Wednesday are so shite that it can't possibly last so, soon, they will be Champions of Europe. It's only a matter of time.
On the subject, today I had to approve a gifts and hospitality request for one of our sales guys who is being taken to Massive vs Plymouth next month for £195.

No chance it’s that cheap at a massive club

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Martin Samuel in today's Times

"Here’s a prediction. Not one I wish to come true. In the next five seasons, maybe even sooner, Brighton & Hove Albion will be relegated. Not because they’re bad, but because they’re too good. Given the context of their resources and limitations, Brighton are as good as any team in the Premier League right now. And, for that reason, it simply can’t last."

As Times is paywall no point in posting a link but a long article explaining that we can't go on shipping out our best players and staff and expect to stay in the Premier League.. Brentford in same position.

Anything is possible I guess.

How soon after winning the title did Blackburn go down?

Or Leicester?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was under the impression Everton and arsenal, arsenal Woolwich have, have not been relegated. I'm surprised I missed that although I was not alive then! 😀
Both have been relegated (Everton and Woolwich anyway). Arsenal, on the other hand, have never won promotion. They were mid division 2, but were 'invited' to take the place of Leeds City, who were kicked out of the league for financial shenanigans, in the first division.
After a decent wait, for the sake of appearances, Arsenal then appointed the former Leeds City manager to manage them.

Funny old world........................

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don’t know why people on here are so precious. He’s not saying anything extraordinary. It’s quite true but also quite dull because of that. Could add everyone dies eventually as another big reveal.

The level playing field is 90 degrees these days. Not just money but media which influences fans on a global scale. Fans follow clubs for all sorts of reasons. Brighton fans aren’t in it for the glory as we know but hundreds of millions of other club fans are eg Real Madrid etc. they’ll pin their colours to whoever’s winning and change ‘em like their underpants. The funniest ones are those that did so 20-30 years ago believing teams like Leeds and Spurs still stand a chance one day. Lol! They’re just making up numbers like us, and the other 95% of clubs in the era of state sponsorship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here