Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Brighton are sh*t ... aren't they mate'

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I'm still trying out new ways of getting to the Amex from Shoreham. Have cycled to the last two games and earlier in the season used 700 bus and walked from town centre.

Yesterday, I made a last minute decision to walk to the Amex from home! All 10.6 miles ... in 2 hrs 43 mins!

It was a gorgeous day ... which obviously got better from 3pm ... and walking in home shirt from a few seasons ago I got a number of encouraging toots and cheers of 'up the Albion' and 'hope we win today'.

But as I was on the last stretch walking along Lewes Road, I was passing stationary traffic heading into town. There was a car with its top down ... with three blokes (late 20's/early 30's). The passenger in the front shouted 'hey mate' at me. I looked in his direction expecting another encouraging cheer .... err no!! 'Brighton are .... shit ... they're shit aren't they mate' ? ... he screamed with his face all bulbous like a male cat that hasn't been castrated!! I'm in my 60's ... can't be arsed with confrontation ... so just said, 'if you say so ... mate' and continued walking.

Oh how I wish I'd seen them again coming back the other way just after 5pm as I was walking back down Lewes Road.

Oh ... in case anyone's wondering ... I didn't walk the 10.6 miles back home (I'm not that crazy)!! Just walked 3.5 miles into town where Mrs HS picked me up!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Friend of mine got the train to Amex and back yesterday. From Brighton to Falmer he managed to get in a carriage with mainly Chelsea fans and had a particularly obnoxious chap shouting homophobic stuff and going on right in his face. On the way home he ended up right next to the same guy in the queue at Falmer so turned to him and said “you’re not so noisy now”. My friend got a “*uck off” for his troubles but enjoyed it very much.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
On the way out of the game on the steps outside the West Stand, I met a lovely Chelsea fan who really was very gracious and congratulated me on our victory. I shook his hand and thanked him for his kind words. His girlfriend however wasn't pleased that he was being civil and asked him why he was being nice to 'them silly c@nts.' The chap started arguing with her saying that she didn't need to be like that. She was having none of it, and I felt sorry for him as she repeated that I was a silly c@nt and then told me how shit Brighton were. Um, yeah, we really are aren't we, that's why we thrashed your boys 4-1 then on account of us being bad at football. The bloke was class but I don't think she's a keeper.

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Group of them in train queue at Brighton before the game singing Potter left cause we're shit , we've won f*** all and you're only here for the Chelsea with smug grins on their faces.
All helps to make yesterday even better.
The only game of the season I want Brighton to win. In my experience if there is a complete dick in a pub mouthing off about football and how shit every other club are I will bet myself it’s a Chelsea fan…and I am most of the time correct.

These really is nothing nice about the club or there fans.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Might tune in to TalkShite tomorrow for the first time in 15 years, is that 'passenger'Jacobs still on with Hawksbee?

Can't wait to hear his biased drivel.
Really ? They’re the best thing on TS. Jacobs is usually pretty negative about Chelsea now anyway - we have had a lot of praise from both over the years

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm look forward to the Paddy Power 'Chelsea Fans React' video. They're bound to have one for this. And they are soooo funny. If it turns up I'll share it here.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There were about five of them in the queue at the station for Brighton after the game, lairy bald twat, his gormless son and three tossers in Peaky Blinders caps. Kept trying to start on anyone and everyone who ended up with the misfortune of being near them. Ended up with plod pulling them to one side, were still all being lectured as we sailed away on the train back into town.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was a group of them walking around the East Stand to get to the away end before the game, all Stone Islanded up (of course), singing "Brighton gay boys" loudly and repeatedly. Then it kicked off a bit which resulted in at least one of them getting nicked, and the rest very quickly disappeared into the crowds.

Awful fanbase: always have been. There was also a very credible report on Twitter of "Graham Potter, he left cos you're gay" being sung. Pathetic bunch.

Makes it all the more satisfying to have smashed their team.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Awful fanbase: always have been. There was also a very credible report on Twitter of "Graham Potter, he left cos you're gay" being sung. Pathetic bunch.
Yep, heard that both before and after the game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But our hearts ARE gay, it says so in Sussex By The Sea... :lolol:
Oh my heart is gay as anything today, and has been since about four minutes past three yesterday afternoon. So perhaps the Chelsea troglodytes will be pleased to have been right for once.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On the way out of the game on the steps outside the West Stand, I met a lovely Chelsea fan who really was very gracious and congratulated me on our victory. I shook his hand and thanked him for his kind words. His girlfriend however wasn't pleased that he was being civil and asked him why he was being nice to 'them silly c@nts.' The chap started arguing with her saying that she didn't need to be like that. She was having none of it, and I felt sorry for him as she repeated that I was a silly c@nt and then told me how shit Brighton were. Um, yeah, we really are aren't we, that's why we thrashed your boys 4-1 then on account of us being bad at football. The bloke was class but I don't think she's a keeper.

But.....(wait for it, wait for it).....

Can she play left back? ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really ? They’re the best thing on TS. Jacobs is usually pretty negative about Chelsea now anyway - we have had a lot of praise from both over the years
A salute your patience and indefatigability :bowdown:

Attachments

• another idiot.PNG
    another idiot.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 45

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here