Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Watford ***Official Match Thread***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps Hoskins for Lopez and go 4-4-2 (as if!!!!) Orlandi wide.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I thought CMS was good, Bruno hasn't got his passing boots on and Lopez wasn't very steady on his feet. Bridcutt, Orlandi and Lua Lua were very good.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
We are playing shite! Gus has definately picked the wrong team. Lopez and Orlandi awful. Why is Hammond not playing? We really should have 2 up front even if it is Hoskins or Dobbie. They look like they have eaten too much at xmas- far too slow

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sky just analysed us, and said it was symptomatic of our season.

They demonstrated:
A lack of service to CMS.
A lack of oomph in offensive play in general.
A lack of attacking options and ways of scoring.

Hopefully Gus will turn it all around in the second half.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We are playing shite! Gus has definately picked the wrong team. Lopez and Orlandi awful. Why is Hammond not playing? We really should have 2 up front even if it is Hoskins or Dobbie. They look like they have eaten too much at xmas- far too slow
Hammond-Crofts-Bridcutt together doesn't work, I agree about the two up front. We're the home team!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could be 2-1 up. We are getting too many decent balls into their box without getting anyone on the end of them. Can't blame CMS every time, he needs someone with a strikers instincts around him, especially when he is setting up many of our chances. Everyone can see this except Gus it seems.
Orlandi and/or Crofts need to push up a smidge.
As usual it's CMS v 2 centre halfs, although I'm a little more hopeful One Size has come off, that may well help CMS.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales

They demonstrated:

They are spot, though most of us have been banging that drum for a while. Very risk adverse

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Good point from Hinchliffe on the Sky half time analysis - we are only creating 'half chances' which are so much harder to take while Watford are creating 'proper chances' and look more likely to score.

In our away game at Watford they looked really dangerous, creating loads of chances and their midfield was easily out-tippy tapping us, yet all their loanees were strangers back in Sept. so am very concerned we don't let them dominate. Forestieri looked a handful and but for his tendency to fall over too often and commit niggly fouls we might have really struggled. Watch out if he comes off the bench.

Hoskins to score for us.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We are getting too many decent balls into their box without getting anyone on the end of them. Can't blame CMS every time, he needs someone with a strikers instincts around him, especially when he is setting up many of our chances. Everyone can see this except Gus it seems.

What on earth do you mean decent balls into the box? There's NO ONE in the box so crossing it in there makes NO sense, may as well just whack it out for a goal kick like Bruno keeps doing, I don't blame CMS I play Poyet, the formation and tactics make no sense when we have NOTHING up front, should be 4-4-2 with Hoskins +1 up there.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

They demonstrated:

I can see it, Sky can see it, it's just a shame all the mongs on NSC and Poyet can't see it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wonder if Gus will react before a goal is scored, or if he's happy with the draw?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
do those who run seagulls player do this deliberately suddenly getting a blast of some bint singing or was it just me?
and yes Cantor we don't want to let down our supporters

SO BE SURE TO HAVE PLAYER ON EARLY ...........THANK YOU

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Thats been coming for some time

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
do those who run seagulls player do this deliberately suddenly getting a blast of some bint singing or was it just me?
and yes Cantor we don't want to let down our supporters

SO BE SURE TO HAVE PLAYER ON EARLY ...........THANK YOU
Happened twice for me glas, keeps waking me up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here