Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Watford ***Official Match Thread***

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
We do look very predictable and teams must fancy shutting us out easily. As Sky pointed out Watford started with only 3 at the back yet we still didn't start with 2 up front.

Watford can now park the bus if they like, wouldn't blame them. Plus they have probably played the more effective footie too. I know which team looks like play off contenders and it aint us. Time for some realistic thinking by Gus.

Nov 27, 2009
Watching the remainder of the game, after just getting in. How can the official site say that is is nearly a sell out? There are loads of empty seats. Unless so many have left with 20 mins to go.
I still say though where were all of these plastic fans, when the real Brighton fans were sitting in the pit that was the withdean. There is no reason why there were 6500' odd each week at the withdean, and suddenly there is 26000 in a shiney new stadium, with a chairman with money to spend.
Why didn't Dick knight get the same level of support whilst at the withdean.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Wake up and smell the coffee. Gus is clueless.

I must say, that having watched them home and away during December, I find myself agreeing with you. Every game we have been second best and lacked any vision or plan, apart from the plan A. KLL our best player, why not try him in the middle. Countless crosses and corners going into a box with no one getting on the end of them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Watching the remainder of the game, after just getting in. How can the official site say that is is nearly a sell out? There are loads of empty seats. Unless so many have left with 20 mins to go.
I still say though where were all of these plastic fans, when the real Brighton fans were sitting in the pit that was the withdean. There is no reason why there were 6500' odd each week at the withdean, and suddenly there is 26000 in a shiney new stadium, with a chairman with money to spend.
Shame your new stadium didn't help attendances.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
the bet with my other half still stands that Gus will walk before the end of the year .....time is running out
don't want it to happen but I have had the feeling for a long while now

Totally agree with the above, Personally I think he has done as much as he can do with us (and done well overall) and will go while he has credibility.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good work those who went :thumbsup: Too expensive at this time of year to have made yet another trip up the Amex here.

Think too early to call for Gus' head yet! Not too early to start questioning him though. Watford are a good team and will make the play-offs. Granted more due to individuals than 'as a team'. Agree on the pace front. We should play our tippy tappy style but with faster players to go slow, slow, slow, blisteringly fast........ not slow, slow, slow, slow, slow........ it's why Buckley, Bridcutt and LuaLua are so loved. Bridge too isn't fast but plays at such a high tempo! Someone like Millwall's Trotter is perfect for us.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

North Stand ejected, family stand never full, east stand full of plastics

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here