Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Nottingham Forest **** Official Match Thread ****

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Pretty much as I expected today, we will not score goals and win games without a forward line. This isn't going to change anytime soon without at least one quality forward being brought in on loan, none of our crocked strikers are anywhere near being fit to play so to expect us to go the next 2-3 months with just Barnes as the lone striker is as good as writing off this season. Even mid table will be a struggle looking at us over the last few games, 1 win in 7 is very poor form and I struggle to see it improving. On the plus side, we get to play Palace next season.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You must be a JCL, we played two strikers in our rather splendid winning of League One, shame you missed it

Ha.....OK, L1......different ball game, and his level for sure.

JCL?......if 1974 makes me one.....so be it.

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
One thing that bothered me was having no players on the post from corners. It would have stopped that first goal.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
..............followed by hot candle wax on.....................oh....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Forest have spent fortunes in transfers fees and obviously high wages to attract a relatively star studded squad, so no surprise that they opened up the Albion with ease and saw out the game with 10 men. No genius from Davies or his players .... Simply about who expends most on quality players, as is typical of modern football.

Forest are almost certainly breaking FL FFP rules as they were already running with £12m annual losses prior to the summer spending spree, whereas most clubs like the Albion trying to adhere.

A punt by Forest and their new owner that the 'tax' (penalty) will be small-fry compared to PL riches, and/or deviousness that they will call monies from Fawaz's companies and close associates legitimate sponsorship income. Can only hope that the FL police it and weigh up sponsorship deal amounts to the true fair value someone would pay for non-PL football. Quite a lot of stuff on the internet about their antics since the takeover.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Who put the contract out on you ?

image.jpg:(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ha.....OK, L1......different ball game, and his level for sure.

JCL?......if 1974 makes me one.....so be it.

Just winding you up because of your poor memory :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here