Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Norwich City *** Official Match Thread ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Thanks mate. Weird observation, the nets look different at the amex this yr - smaller in depth?
Think it's probably just the funky ratio of the video capture, tbh. Don't think they're any different to last season.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
2nd half team looked better than the first half team, interesting choices for the manager in the next few games

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Glad to hear JFC praised too. Was Maxi actually good then?

Maksimenko looked extremely nervous. Dropped the ball during a throw in, and that was in front of the EAST. He looked nervous but technically very solid and strong. Some of his passing went astray and he looked raw, but I think there is a player there.

I wouldn't hesitate to start him on saturday. Or March.

Ince looked clumsy and rushed, but there is a player in there, deffinitely. We need our Development team to play every week to get the most out of them.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Thanks mate. Weird observation, the nets look different at the amex this yr - smaller in depth?

It's because they have increased the width of the astroturf surrounding the pitch. It makes the nets appear slimmer. Optical illusion.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Elliott Bennett (or Robert Snodgrass) will destroy poor Maxi.

I would just like to bounce this.......it appears our illustrious but bolshy moderator may have again been talking out of his rear end.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would just like to bounce this.......it appears our illustrious but bolshy moderator may have again been talking out of his rear end.

Where you there then? The appraisal above, of 'looked nervous / passes going astray' sounds like the Maxi I watched against the might of Whitehawk. Pleased to see the positive comments though. Good luck to the lad. Hope he develops into a world beater.

Spoon

May 31, 2009
I thought Maksimenko did very well tonight. While there was the odd bad touch (throw in fell out of his hands), he made some great forward runs, some strong challenges, he is good in the air and calm on the ball. Adds pace compared to Calde/Bruno and is tall with a strong physique. It was the first time I had seen him play but he gave a very solid and impressive first impression, I didn't think nerves got to him at all. Compare that to Calde's awful pass at the start of the second half that van Wolfswinkel should have scored from and there is some context. I must add that Calde did well too, as did Ince, JFC, March (what a strike!!) and I thought Dunk was good too. Greer, Bruno and Crofts must do better, they have serious competition now.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Where you there then? The appraisal above, of 'looked nervous / passes going astray' sounds like the Maxi I watched against the might of Whitehawk. Pleased to see the positive comments though. Good luck to the lad. Hope he develops into a world beater.

Maxi was poor, better than Chicksen, but its quite clear that Calderon needs to start on Saturday at LB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here