Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton and Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace ****official Match Thread****

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The game descended into an end-to-end cup tie. Not our style at all. This is a team to win leagues, not to get through play-offs. Onwards and upwards next year. In the words of Micky, keep the faith :thumbsup:

Once Palace opened the game up they took advantage of our disciplined style which worked against us. The better team won once we started to misplace passes and the flair disappeared.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
i-know-that-feel.jpg

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I don't think we will finish next season with Gus though. I'm not sure how long he is prepared to wait for a place in the Premier League.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
No words.
Just not good enough for the prem yet. Still need to find someone who can score the important goals.
Unlucky lads, good effort.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I agree totally. This loss is nothing and Palace are nothing. I couldn't believe how biased against us the Sky commentary was. Palace have the ability to pull something out of nothing. The boys placed well and next season let's win the league and get automatic promotion!

The scary thing is that with a sold out stadium we are still losing money- how many of the out of contract / loan players can we keep?
If we cannot keep Bridge&Upson then I have real concerns about our defence next season.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
No words.
Just not good enough for the prem yet. Still need to find someone who can score the important goals.
Unlucky lads, good effort.

I think we need to change our formation. Ulloa is more of a poacher, we can't play with him as the only man up front, we need Barnes (who I thought was great when he came on) to play off him. Then we'll start scoring more

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I agree totally. This loss is nothing and Palace are nothing. I couldn't believe how biased against us the Sky commentary was. Palace have the ability to pull something out of nothing. The boys placed well and next season let's win the league and get automatic promotion!

The commentators like to side with the underdogs :lol: The only way to guarantee promotion is to finish in the top two , the playoffs are a lottery. Tonight we were 90 minutes away from Wembley and a shot of going up , 16 years ago we were 90 minutes away from relegation out of the Football League and then going bust.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The scary thing is that with a sold out stadium we are still losing money- how many of the out of contract / loan players can we keep?
If we cannot keep Bridge&Upson then I have real concerns about our defence next season.

The losses were expected for the first 2 seasons in a brand new stadium , Paul Barber has been brought in to minimise the losses so that they fall within the FFP guidelines. We made a £8M loss but Leicester in the same period lost £29M.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think we will finish next season with Gus though. I'm not sure how long he is prepared to wait for a place in the Premier League.

Third time lucky ? If we don't get to the promised land next season I think Gus will be off before Xmas 2014.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They set out to close us down and prevent us imposing our game on them. As they were first to most fifty fifty's, it worked. Bitterly disappointed, but the best team on the night won. Sod it!

Bring on next season.......can we keep Upson, Bridge and Bridcutt though?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think the rejigging that Holloway had to do with the loss of FFS Murray made all the difference, that and the Albion players thinking they might walk it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Once Palace opened the game up they took advantage of our disciplined style which worked against us. The better team won once we started to misplace passes and the flair disappeared.

Opening up the game, was not a foregone conclusion, even if they desired that.

We handed the game to them by coming out for the second half asleep, and old habits/traits reappeared like:

letting opponents with lots of tall players get dozens of crosses in
Lightweights like Lopez, Orlandi, Ulloa, getting muscled out it then whinging (Clattenburg didn't fall for it)
LuaLua not thinking of team mates
Kamikaze attacking, making us suckers to the counter

May 10, 2013
Extremely disappointed of course. More so since I'd put quite a few quid from the roof restoration fund on Brighton to win.

Now it will be up to us to bring down the evil Gollum at Wembley and I'm sure we'll do it.

Hopefully we'll have quite a few Seagulls cheering us on too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Extremely disappointed of course. More so since I'd put quite a few quid from the roof restoration fund on Brighton to win.

Now it will be up to us to bring down the evil Gollum at Wembley and I'm sure we'll do it.

Hopefully we'll have quite a few Seagulls cheering us on too.
Don't worry we'll all be wearing our half and half scarves (Watford/Udinese). Pope Hiney The First will be sending Zola a bottle of holy water too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here