Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton and Hove Albion v Southampton pre match bobbins

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Anyone caught with a bag of Werther's should receive a 10 match ban.
Interesting about the socks by the way I did not know that,is there a explanation as good as that for why have goalies stopped wearing hats in bright sunshine ?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I think we're going to go into this game knowing a win secures European football.

I think the Amex crowd, who have awareness of the above, are going to be raucous as hell.

I think the team will be inspired to do the business and fire Brighton & Hove Albion into Europe.
I’m a bit pessimistic about today’s fixtures. I don’t see Brentford getting anything against Spurs without Toney and I’m worried that Liverpool’s run of wins has to stop some time. Also, it just never works out like that for us does it?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
“Players generally cut holes in their socks in order to reduce pressure on the calf muscles, which are often restricted by the form-fitting, snug nature of the garment.

For players who have bulging leg muscles, socks can prove particularly restrictive, causing difficulties with effective bloodflow and circulation, as well as breathability.”

- Goal.com
Hmm... you would have thought in this day and age they would have been able to produce comfortable socks without the need to butcher them in order to fit properly.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Anyone caught with a bag of Werther's should receive a 10 match ban.
Interesting about the socks by the way I did not know that,is there a explanation as good as that for why have goalies stopped wearing hats in bright sunshine ?
and why do goalies spit on their gloves?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Hmm... you would have thought in this day and age they would have been able to produce comfortable socks without the need to butcher them in order to fit properly.
Indeed. Look at Grealish aka “sock boy”. His calves are ENORMOUS, hence the name.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You would hope wouldn't you, personally have a nagging fear Saints will rise above their mediocrity and we're a bit knackered.
Veltman , colwill , Enciso , maccer , Ferguson, wellbeck, gilly have all had rests. They shouldnt be too tired.

Mitoma, pervis and gross are my main 3 concerns. They look broken.

But no excuses , we can and will do it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How many games have there been more important than this one? Probably a lot more than I can remember over the years but this just feels like a huge game in the clubs history.

If Spurs and Villa win today, then it won't be any bigger than our other games.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They're not perfectly good socks though - in most cases they've already cut the feet off.
How do you know they cut the feet off before the holes in the back, and not the other way around? Please provide evidence to your frankly outrageous claims.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Needlework is the answer to our current ridiculous schedule ???

il_794xN.3983523418_peli.jpg
I'd say any thread without bobbins soon becomes a tangled mess.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Is Veltman a possible starter tomorrow ? I thought he was out for the season? Have we signed Doctor Phibes on the medical team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here