Brighton and Hove Albion v Newcastle United FA Cup round three***Official Match Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Love this from the BBC website

Sharper to the ball, and swifter to make use of it, the Seagulls toyed with their more celebrated opponents for much of the opening 45 minutes, producing some stylish attacking moves while tackling, battling and dominating territory in their uncomplicated and effective way.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can't believe Poyet sometimes. If there was one player who would have been chomping at the bit to play today, it would have been Lualua. No real width on pitch, it's all on the bench and Ankergren in goal. Feel sorry for all those who paid top dollar to go to the Amex today. Terrible decisions, we will lose. R.I.P THE FA CUP.

I don't know if uve referred to this yet..but you were so WRONG!!!!!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Too right..but it's called enjoying the moment

To right Lamie, Just bought an 8 pack from the local so will watch the other Cup results come in followed by a lovely curry then hit replay on sky plus and watch the game again. You have to enjoy these moments :banana:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i just wonder how many of the 'too expensive not going on principle' brigade regret missing out on the best performance of the season so far, and a cracking atmosphere despite the (relatively) poor attendance.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I can't believe Poyet sometimes. If there was one player who would have been chomping at the bit to play today, it would have been Lualua. No real width on pitch, it's all on the bench and Ankergren in goal. Feel sorry for all those who paid top dollar to go to the Amex today. Terrible decisions, we will lose. R.I.P THE FA CUP.

Big game again and Poyet goes for a defencive line up, will he never learn. That side has as much cutting edge as my knob. Expect Buckley and Lualua to come on with 25mins to go, we may snatch a goal and Gus will be hailed a tactical genius for scrapping a draw. That's if the game isn't beyond us by then.

:bowdown: You nailed that prediction. :bowdown:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And it's about confidence and the win at Ipswich and today must have given the whole team and fans a massive lift for 2013 :)

Yeah , I've just ordered my tickets for Birmingham City and Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:. Come on you super seagulls

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Come on be honest, everyone feared the worse before the game. We played well against Newcastle reserves, lets not kid ourselves.

I'll be honest, When I saw Ankerman in goal I did fear the worst and thought maybe a draw or nick a 1-0 win. The only thing I can agree with is that thank god Newcastle didn't have many shots on target. If we get Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool in the next round then lets hope he is not in goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports