Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion v Newcastle United FA Cup round three***Official Match Thread***

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
come on you super seagulls

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I can't believe Poyet sometimes. If there was one player who would have been chomping at the bit to play today, it would have been Lualua. No real width on pitch, it's all on the bench and Ankergren in goal. Feel sorry for all those who paid top dollar to go to the Amex today. Terrible decisions, we will lose. R.I.P THE FA CUP.

Maybe KLL and Buckley aren't 100% fit and capable of 90mins? KLL certainly didn't look comfortable at Ipswich and looked to be playing well within himself.

Perhaps one of them could have started so the team does look a bit conservative but at least they can come off the bench.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm en route to the game Lamie

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Big game again and Poyet goes for a defencive line up, will he never learn. That side has as much cutting edge as my knob. Expect Buckley and Lualua to come on with 25mins to go, we may snatch a goal and Gus will be hailed a tactical genius for scrapping a draw. That's if the game isn't beyond us by then.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Disappointed with that line up.

I worry that Ankergren won't inspire confidence in a game that will surely be making the players nervous already (premier league opposition, on TV, bookies favourites).

Dicker AND Hammond AND Bridcutt is just a bit too defensive for my liking. We should be going for it.

And Lua Lua not starting is disappointing, although presumably he'll come on at some stage and will be absolutely raring to go

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I think it's a good move playing Ankergren, for two reasons. Firstly Kusz has not been at the top of his game for the last couple of months, a game watching from the bench could do him good. Secondly, we're lucky to have a decent sub keeper - it's important to keep him happy & match ready the best we can.

I disagree. I think Ankgreghan in goal is the equivalent of being a goal down. Disrespectful to all the new fans who paid top price to see this one.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Would have preferred Kuszczak, but other than that it looks pretty close to the magic combination. PLENTY to come off the bench which is important. Happy days.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Watching these clips, I sometimes forget just how good Gus was in his pomp. Played like a Rolls Royce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here