Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ***Brighton and Hove Albion v Birmingham City, WSL, Amex, 14.00 KO***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Last season, the average WSL attendance was down by 11% to 953.

I'll stand to be corrected, but I've not seen any figures this season indicating such an enormous surge in average attendances, certainly not without taking into account these artificial boosts from free ticket events at PL stadiums.

I thought I read that Chelsea sold out Kingsmeadow yesterday over 4.5K and they could have sold more. Also Arsenal sold out 3K away end at White Hart Death Star and could have sold more.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t be Pratt mate , it’s a 150 mile return journey to Gillingham , plus us 4000 were not paying a pound to get in , if it was not for us fans who used to keep the club alive in those dark days , we would not even have a team to support

Calm down dear. Where was I sneering at the support at Gillingham? I never missed a single game there. I was even at the Moralee miracle* against Millwall in the LDV trophy

*miracle the bugger scored

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Over 4,000 in for the last home game. That's better than most of the home attendances for the men's team when we played at Gillingham. I made some disparaging comments about the standard, 15 years ago. I was wrong (not about the standard but about the point - I was missing the point).

Standard of the women's game, not standard of our support, obviously :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here