Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion FCv Leyton Orient FC ** Johnstones paint trophy***

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It is out of order to adopt the "can't be arsed" approach when people are paying good money to watch it.

Managers shouldn't be able to pick and choose the games that they try and win, they should always try to win.

Managers should be left to manage and do what they think best. They shouldn't be subjected to whiny little shitbags like you everytime they make a decision you don't agree with.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh and as soon as we missed the pen then you knew it was game over really so bring off Murray etc and give others a run out why not?

I concur. They actually played alright, albeit with no end product, Orient did not a lot but scored twice on the break then parked the bus.

Like someone said, if offered the JPT or a play off place I would bite your hand off for the play offs. I chose to go tonight inthe full knowledge that it could be a scratch team or an indifferent performance, so I can't say Poyet's actions either shocked or disappointed me. All I wanted by the end was to avoid any more daft suspensions from an incredibly fussy referee.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
We might aswell of forfeited this because there was no desire to win the game at all. Poyet basically asked us to lose.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Thought we were poor tonight it looked like a training match most of the time, no passion and very little skill on show.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Out of the way for this season.

Why did so many go? It's a rubbish competition and entry should be free to spectators with a free pint and pie.

Two teams will have a day out at Wembley but both winners and losers will be forgotten before the cup is engraved.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We might aswell of forfeited this because there was no desire to win the game at all. Poyet basically asked us to lose.

Guessing you didn't see Poyet going mental when the ref stopped to give a free kick rather than let Sparrow run trough one on one. To say he didn't want us to win is just ridiculous. Granted doubt he is that bothered but we set out to win but they caught us on the break when we were easily the best team and then we switched off for their second

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Funny game. I took friends, which is always a sure precursor to abject meekness. They say they don't hold me personally responsible, but I hold myself responsible, I've never shown anyone a good time at Withdean except a child who spent 40 minutes mooning Block B. Got in to find Alastair Campbell talking about Tony Blair, Richard Bacon and a shorn David Seaman trying to find highlights from a World Cup I was trying to forget and rumours of William "Man of the People" Hague bumming his "special" advisor. Mixed emotions.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
not bothered or making excuses in advance??

not being bothered might mean not flying into tackles or running your socks off to get back, but how does it equate to not marking players, poor crossing, crap corners, mis control and poor passes? - surely no footballer at whatever level does this cos they're "not bothered".

This was Orient for Christ's sake.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Guessing you didn't see Poyet going mental when the ref stopped to give a free kick rather than let Sparrow run trough one on one. To say he didn't want us to win is just ridiculous. Granted doubt he is that bothered but we set out to win but they caught us on the break when we were easily the best team and then we switched off for their second

Well why would you take off the two people you would rely on to score when you're 2-0 down? Then play 3 at the back ??? I was confused and i am never going to a JPT game again.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
If we don't go up this season and supose we get a home draw again, how many will turn up? 200? 300?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here