Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion FCv Leyton Orient FC ** Johnstones paint trophy***

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Basically Poyet did not want to win the game. As he said more or less he couldn't give a toss about the tournament before hand and then he and the players roll over he is lucky the authorities do not want a word with him. As it is he has lost a lot of respect from me and I dare say some other fans after giving up in both cup competions. Shall we just withdraw from the FA Cup so everyone knows where they stand ?. Also the fact he has so blatantly thrown both cup competitions will mean the heat and spotlight is much MORE on him and the team to achieve this season as they won't have the excuses of having to play in " pointless " cup matches.

I am very dissapointed with Poyet today. Not because we had any chance of winning either competition but it does throw up the chance of a decent game and a winning mentality.

I don't want any manager of BHAFC to want to lose any game of football. The manager should try and win every game we play regardless of the competition.

If this had been McGhee he would have been strung up outside the Sportsman as the reaction to the team rolling over losing against Stoke showed when we had ALREADY been relegated.

I guess Gus can do now wrong with a lot of people at the moment but he did wrong yesterday and against Northampton and I am never HAPPY when we lose a game.

Lets see how it pans out but Poyet has built a Rod for his back now.

Last edited:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
After a night of reflection I am still not clear whether our players were not motivated due to managerial attitudes re JPT or they really are not that good. As last season, we certainly have problems in defending set pieces and being caught on the break. Add to that no improvement on the past 2 seasons in our ability to score goals. Still much to do to make us top 6 finishers.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
For a club in a unique position like ours (ponying up an obscene percentage of every gate to put on a game), the JPT is probably a drain on our financial resources unless we reach the final.

The Carling Cup cost us arguably our best holding midfield player. The JPT (probably) costs us hard cash unless we get anywhere near the final.

In the same breath everyone wants us to spend seven figures - which we haven't got - on a mythical 25 goal a season striker. Every club in the world wants that and even those in the premiershit (with, in some cases, hundreds of million to invest) struggle to find one.

I reckon Gus has been advised to concentrate on the League because a day out at Wembley in the piss pot pales into insignificance next to the silver-lined streets of the Championship (Mr T's stated objective).

I reckon we'll have a good crack at the FA Cup - because even the old girl with all her faded glory is still a proper football cup to win.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I said before KO - I'd like to either go out first round or win it - there's 2 options in my book. It's a shite comp though I am a little pissed off we didn't play that well. That said on another night we'd have won. Also the ref made some good comedy moments. Incidently why wasn't their bloke sent off for the foul on Muzza - he had a clear run at goal. Worst thing is he had also already been booked so at least a yellow (and therefore a red) would have been the minimum. Hey ho doesn't matter really. Orient looked quite good but there's def 6 points to be had against them IMO if we turn up and play.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It is out of order to adopt the "can't be arsed" approach when people are paying good money to watch it.

Managers shouldn't be able to pick and choose the games that they try and win, they should always try to win.

Mr WW - I don't normally bother replying to your posts as I can tell your on a 24 / 7 fishing trip BUT can I just point out that you were saying how glad you were when we went out of Carling Cup and also how you always want us to lose first round! You can't have it both ways!

Also I know a lot of people are saying Poyet didn't want to win it and to an extent I see where they're coming from but at the same time I'm sure he'd have rather have won - hence the 'whinging thread'. The team out there was strong enough to smash Orient - maybe blame the players for not putting the ball in the net with 20 odd shots!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone who was actually at this game would know we played them off the park first half. People who don't go to a game always assume we were sh*t if we don't win.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Anyone who was actually at this game would know we played them off the park first half. People who don't go to a game always assume we were sh*t if we don't win.

Most DEFINITELY this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here