Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion FCv Leyton Orient FC ** Johnstones paint trophy***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I take it all the people who could not give a shit about this game, would not bother going to Wembley if we got there?. I give a shit about every game, its called a winning mentality.

No, it's still a shit cup even if the final is at Wembley. I've seen us at Wembley 3 times and the Millenium once in games that actually mean something. I'd have no interest in a Micky Mouse Cup final against Rotherham or Port Vale thanks

Only bothered with listening to the 2nd half today because my wife is watching some rubbish on the tv

Sep 1, 2010
I think if we are playing a game we should try just as hard whatever the comp. I would rather not have this tournament at all purely on grounds that we play too many games in this country, 46 league games i enough on it's own. But it does exist so we should try and win, Although we should of let people like Barker and a few youngsters play mix with the first teamers as i think that they would be desperate to impress, whereas some first teamer may not be too bothered on the quiet.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was Barnes booked or not? Commentators said Bennett's was our first card, espnsoccernet isn't listing it (but only shows two of our three substitutions), but there was several comments on here about barnes being booked and I thought the commentators said he was with the second goal?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
People said league cup didn't matter, we'd have got a game at Anfield and nice income. Now the only competition we can realisticly win (think we'll get in play-offs though) and people don't care loosing. Sure play a weaker side if worried about too many games (10 days off now?) but don't go out there with a not bothered attitude! If loose with a weaker team, not too fussed but this attitude is annoying.

To those who say we'd do worse in the league if we have a cup run, why? Usually they inspire confidence in a team which carries over to the league! Plus if not, play weakened side but TRY and win.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
That's not what people are saying. It is not an important trophy unless you get to the final. On that basis, I would far rather get knocked out tonight than go to the Southern final like two years ago and lose.

As for people saying we have a strong team out but by my reckoning we are without Brezovan, Greer, Kishishev, LuaLua and Sandanza who will probably all be in the first team when it is settled. I have left Navarro out as he is not coming back soon. Also Sparrow is playing his first game for a couple of weeks and Bridcutt making his debut. We also don't know how seriously the team are taking it. I honestly don't see any reason to worry whatever happens tonight as long as there are no red cards or injuries.

But i'd rather go to the Southern final and win and then to Wembley. Its the only cup we stand a chance of winning and some players and fans never get the chance to play or watch their beloved club in a final at Wembley.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
People said league cup didn't matter, we'd have got a game at Anfield and nice income. Now the only competition we can realisticly win (think we'll get in play-offs though) and people don't care loosing. Sure play a weaker side if worried about too many games (10 days off now?) but don't go out there with a not bothered attitude! If loose with a weaker team, not too fussed but this attitude is annoying.

To those who say we'd do worse in the league if we have a cup run, why? Usually they inspire confidence in a team which carries over to the league! Plus if not, play weakened side but TRY and win.

I was pissed off we played a weakened team in that because you always have the chance of a decent draw quite early in the competition. There are no decent draws in the JPT just the teams we play week in week out.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I would go to wembley but only because I have never been. Maybe we should treat this competition like Arsenal treat the league cup and play a team full of youngsters?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The fact is that we LOST at HOME with a STRONG LINE UP to LEYTON bloody ORIENT!

With our ex manager and a player scoring against us.

I could not get there tonight due to work, but would have gone glad I could'nt get there now. Any first team game is important, winning breeds that winning mentality.

Im sure we will have a good season, how good i'm not sure but I hate losing at home specialy to the likes of Orient.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Covered this in another thread a week or so back:

How linked is league finish to JPT success?

2001–02: Blackpool - Finished 16th
*2002–03: Bristol City - FINISHED 3RD
2003–04: Blackpool - Finished 14th
2004–05: Wrexham - FINISHED 22ND
*2005–06: Swansea City - FINISHED 6TH
2006–07: Doncaster Rovers - Finished 11th
*2007–08: Milton Keynes Dons - FINISHED 1ST
2008–09: Luton Town - FINISHED BOTTOM
*2009–10: Southampton - Finished 7th - with a ten point deduction (would have finished 5th with it)

So, in the last 9 years, 3 finishes were promotion candidates, 2 finishes resulted in relegation, 3 were "mid"table, and last year's was Southampton who were only outside a promotion spot due to a points deduction.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
i'm here, and this is as shit as it sounds. Gus clearly doesn't care about us mugs who have paid to watch this. Joke club.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

How would we have got a draw at Anfield? Do we know how the draw works? Also, do we know we would have beaten Reading even if the draw was exactly the same? Just because Northampton drew Liverpool does not mean we would have done.

As for the JPT, as someone else says there is no big draw and out of 24 in the southern draw only one can get to Wembley. I am fine with getting knocked out today.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The fact is that we LOST at HOME with a STRONG LINE UP to LEYTON bloody ORIENT!

With our ex manager and a player scoring against us.

I could not get there tonight due to work, but would have gone glad I could'nt get there now. Any first team game is important, winning breeds that winning mentality.

Im sure we will have a good season, how good i'm not sure but I hate losing at home specialy to the likes of Orient.

Exactly, and it would seem we have been poor (if we take SCR as a guide) we need to get the fortress Withdean mentality, this doesn't help

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here