Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion FC Vs Hartlepool United FC ***Official Thread****

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Albion: (4-4-2) Smith; Hoyte, Tunnicliffe, Elphick, El-Abd; Bennett, Crofts, Dicker, A Davies; Forster, Dickinson.

Subs: Kuipers (GK), Cox, Navarro, Hart, Murray, Thornhill, Virgo.

Hartlepool: (4-4-2) Flinders; Austin, Collins, Liddle, Hartley; McSweeney, Jones, Humphreys, Monkhouse; Behan, Boyd.

Subs: Sweeney, Haslam, Fredriksen, Cook, Larkin, Greulich, Bjornsson.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Virgo dropped for Tunni!

my theory is coming good

that we need to get out of the Wilkins straight jacket.......not that he was a bad coach its just that his players have a mind set that they don't seem to be able to get out of, and although I have not seen him Tunnicliffe sounds the better player vand of coarse younger.

thoughts

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Must have been a close call whether to drop Virgo or Elphick, I probably would have gone the other way

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
my theory is coming good

that we need to get out of the Wilkins straight jacket.......not that he was a bad coach its just that his players have a mind set that they don't seem to be able to get out of, and although I have not seen him Tunnicliffe sounds the better player vand of coarse younger.

thoughts

Hi mate.

Remember that little shit that was on a childish wind up last week - found himself banned now. There is some justice.:clap2::clap2:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
So who's the new captain on the field - back to Forster?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Hi mate.

Remember that little shit that was on a childish wind up last week - found himself banned now. There is some justice.:clap2::clap2:

forgotten him already looking forward to a nice quiet football forum with the odd agree to disagree thread ......theres no reason why people of different colours can't get on especially if we all support the same team.

how are you?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just had a good look at the team and there only two of Wilko's babes Elphick and El bad

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
my theory is coming good

thoughts

For what it is worth, as I have not seen them either, is I think that RS went back to his centre back pairing that worked at the end of last season. They now dont work anymore, and injuries mean that he can only drop one of them at the moment. From what people are saying about Elphick on this board recently, I would not be surprised if he isn't dropped as well once a suitable replacement is found. That's how I see it, anyway.

Good afternoon all from a sunny South Africa. A different Sangoma has shaken her bones and predicted a 2-1 Albion victory!!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
forgotten him already looking forward to a nice quiet football forum with the odd agree to disagree thread ......theres no reason why people of different colours can't get on especially if we all support the same team.

how are you?

I'm fine. Been dissappointed with results so far this season, but would REALLY like to see Slade succeed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Edit: I put an extra * in the thread title and can't edit it - we're going down 3-0

You can, by going to advanced when on the edit option.

Two main reasons:

1. Think you can only do three cheap ticket days per season.

2. Season Ticket sales would drop considerably if the club sold cheap tickets and badly needed income would go missing.

Don't know about 1. I think it's more to do with setting the price at the start of the season, but could be wrong.

But 2. - If the tickets are cheaper, more people will by them, making them harder to get hold of. STH are guaranteed a seat for every league game at the start of the season.

There's also the hassle of getting tickets every other week, and the preference given to STH when big cup games come around, the familiarity of the same seat. I don't think price per game value is the biggest motivating factor for sth, or at least isn't so big that the other benefits are irrelevant if the price is negligible.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Smith at fault then if Brighton lose then

And slade, of course. A momentary lapse by one of the players will be Slade's fault.

And let's not forget the ref. We always seem to have bad refs on he days we lose, so I'm sure there'll be room to blame him too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here