Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion FC v Rochdale FC**official match day thread**

Just got back - I still don't understand how we threw that away against a team that created nothing !

Have to disagree. I was at the game too.
Other than the two well taken goals that we scored I do not believe we tested their keeper. In the end we could have lost that game with Dales late charge.
We are way off being a top 6 side.
I suspect that we will get beat at Sheff W which will move us to mid table (about right).

For whatever reason the manager & chairman have failed to bring in a number of additional quality signings. You would have thought with the cost of Falmer Gus would have been given £5m to bring in a decent forward/left winger/midfielder/goal keeper.

This squad are way short of championship criteria

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Other than the two well taken goals that we scored I do not believe we tested their keeper.

Just in the last 15 mins alone, his save when Murray was through was excellent, there was the chance that Calderon blasted over the bar and there was also the shot from Murray, when he tried to curl it from just inside the area ???

Last edited:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I know I've posted it on the other thread but Diego Camacho or someone looking like his double was with Matt Sparrow at the back of the North stand today.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
My thoughts on the game:

Glenn Murray - :bowdown: Simply fantastic. Looked more energetic than I've ever seen him. Was everywhere, held up the ball brilliantly, laid it off and scored a goal. Great stuff.

Greer - f***ing idiot for lashing out. Can't believe people are moaning about the Rochdale chap, how he was so nasty to run straight on the pitch and wind up Greer. Well I'm sorry, Greer is a professional footballer and an experienced captain. If he's that easy to wind up then he shouldn't be on the pitch.

Bennett - Thought his passing and crossing was poor in the first half, but second half he improved no end and capped it with another thunderbolt of a goal. The man is a walking Goal of the Season Competition.

Casper - Shocking mistake at the end, but I don't think Elphick should get off scott free as I don't think he helped whatsoever. Want to see it again before I criticise him too much though!

Others - Barnes I thought did well, linked up really well with Murray. Dicker was ok, Kish was ok, Smith had a good first half and unlucky to have to go off as a result of Greer's red card. El-Abd did well when he came on and Painter was only second in the MOM stakes behind Murray.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Thought Murray was ace today, If he can stay fit & not spend half the season suspended then i can see him having an ace season.
Barnes looked far far better with someone alongside him, Smith was having a better game than at Swindon untill he got sacrificed.
f***ing dire atmosphere, Surely the team would be more buoyed having 6,000 cheering them rather than just half of H block. Those who did sing i salute you
Highlight for me was the sqweaky voiced 'you're shiiiiiiiitaaaaaaaaa' from the family stand!!!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Other than the two well taken goals that we scored I do not believe we tested their keeper. In the end we could have lost that game with Dales late charge.
We are way off being a top 6 side.
I suspect that we will get beat at Sheff W which will move us to mid table (about right).

For whatever reason the manager & chairman have failed to bring in a number of additional quality signings. You would have thought with the cost of Falmer Gus would have been given £5m to bring in a decent forward/left winger/midfielder/goal keeper.

This squad are way short of championship criteria

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here