Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton after Ipswich pair

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Richards, a product of the Ipswich youth system, has lost out to former Albion defender Dan Harding for the left-back position.

I didn't realise, until watching the game on Sky yesterday, that Harding was voted player of the year by Ipswich fans last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't realise, until watching the game on Sky yesterday, that Harding was voted player of the year by Ipswich fans last season.

No suprise there, the guy was quality in the main. When was the last time we have a full back who could make a mistake and be quick enough to get back and rectify it. Joel Lynch has that quality but Harding never got any credit from so many Brighton fans. He is one of the very few youth players who has actually improved. We have a team full who have stood still, Lynch apart.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who ?
Who ?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
If you take each game in isolation, we weren't really expected to beat Crewe or Tranmere away. But we were expected to win at home to the Cobblers. So we haven't done too badly really. And we kept Cardiff at bay for nearly two hours, also away.

We should have beaten Crewe. They were there for the taking, then in addition to poor finishing, more schoolboy errors (Hammond handball and Reid slip) cost us. I felt, to use the cliche, extremely gutted after that match.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Who ?
Who ?

Oh because your lover boy McGhee always signed well known players???

Maheta "The Talk of the South Molango, Doug "Face of a generation" Loft.

Your cyncism is about as witty as your humour. Your humour is about as witty as standing on a dog turd.

I agree he deserves a bit more time.The trouble is he doesn't install confidence in fans.It seems every match we play no one is expecting to win no more so when we do it's a real bonus.I believe he missed a great chance to have a clearout in the summer.That could be his downfall

I think Wilkins shouldn't have taken on Loft for another year but his hands were tied with regards to Mayo and Hart.
What players would you have got rid of Algie?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I really dont understand why this gets published...they gain nothing from printing it. If we get them the fans dont all go mad for it, saying the club are top and they even said they were targets before it happened.

This only sets us all up for a gr8 big fall.......heres fingers crossed we do bring them in or at least one.....

Anything short of two new faces in....preferbly midfielders...then we are in a bad way!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Oh dear oh dear!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I expect we will hear about a lot of names we are trying to sign this week and of course we won't sign any of them.
This all should have been sorted pre season with a big clear out and bringing in fresh blood.
Who ever made the decision to give contracts to the likes of Butters, Mayo, Kuipers, Loft etc is the reason why things are so grim.

Spot on. He could have cleared out a lot of tired and tested players and brought some fresh faces in. Even if the changes were like-for-like at least there would have been a bit of fresh impetus and fresh challenge from the players.

Given we have only signed two new players is it any wonder were are doing about the same as last season?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Just readon the bbc website that Sheff wednesday are on the verge of signing the sodje brothers from Port vale and Reading respectively...

Maybe boads well for us getting that George fellow from ipswich.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Just readon the bbc website that Sheff wednesday are on the verge of signing the sodje brothers from Port vale and Reading respectively...

Maybe boads well for us getting that George fellow from ipswich.

I hope we can sign these two.I take it we have lost interest in Bowditch then.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I hope we can sign these two.I take it we have lost interest in Bowditch then.

Yeah Ive heard some real positives about these guys..so would be a real coup....have we got the 100k for the two that might be needed to get them?

Bowditch is again coming back from an injury and I think wilkins has realised we need players that can do it now...not take 10 games to bed themselves in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here