Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bridge car park gone by november

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I used to park on the streets of Coldean in year one, then in the Bridge ever since. Very convenient but damn expensive. All the same, if you're driving from the west and aren't near to a train station the loss of The Bridge with no replacement would be a disaster for many, a gamechanger for a significant portion of them too.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
There needs to be some form of parking arrangement as the ground is hard enough to get to already without losing what little parking provision there is.

Compared with where? Withdean? Priestfield? The Goldstone?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Cowley Drive Woodingdean might be closer to the Amex, and there's a nice new footpath to Falmer.

Is that the nearest part of Woodingdean with unrestricted parking?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The council have allocated it for student housing and multi storey car parking for the Amex. It might be lost for a period whilst they are building it though I suppose it's not going to get done over a summer.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Out of interest: Does anybody know if the wardens patrol every street of the new restricted zones of Moulsecoomb and Coldean every game? I don't plan on putting it to the test, but I was just curious.

I did because of the terrible traffic back-up coming down Coldean Lane on Monday evening .... and I got a ticket!

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Would be amazed if this happened, esp with club so heavily focused on generating income as bridge car park is a nice little earner for them. Unless they find space elsewhere...but can't think where.....
Always wondered why Southern Water isn't used. It is nearer than the Bridge.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't think i've heard owt mentioed on here about this but did hear on good authority that the bridge cat park will be hoarded up by november in preparation of the uni student building thats going to be built there. After reading about the new traffic calming plans where are tbe 600 cars that park there going to park? Any ideas?

I imagine they haven't given it any thought whatsoever and plan on winging it as the hoarding goes up.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
bridge car park gone by november

Just like that !

image.jpg

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think there's capacity for parking in some of the (old) factory sites in Crowhurst Road, Hollingbury, and would make a nice short hop P&R.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Is that the nearest part of Woodingdean with unrestricted parking?
My mistake, it's known as Bexhill Road at the point nearest the Amex. There's usually quite a few parking spaces not far from the junction with Falmer Road and it's about 15 mins walk to the stadium.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My mistake, it's known as Bexhill Road at the point nearest the Amex. There's usually quite a few parking spaces not far from the junction with Falmer Road and it's about 15 mins walk to the stadium.

Takes a bit longer to walk back though :lol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

The quickest I've done it in is 30, the distance is just under 2 miles (1.9 to be exact).

Cheers Guys, I may well do that for the next evening game. I guess I'd need a torch?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Compared with where? Withdean? Priestfield? The Goldstone?

Priestfield obviously but were the other two hard to get to? It was easy to park within 10 minutes walk of both of them and they were both in the city and pretty easy to walk to

Dean Deyn

Nov 25, 2008
Thinking about it. There's a nice BIG car park at Withdean that isn't overused on a Saturday or weekday evenings. Alternative new park and ride site? :)

That will send the locals into meltdown........
I catch a Seagulls Travel bus from there every home match and the car park (which is used for 'park and riders' going into central Brighton) is always full every Saturday by the early afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here